• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
****, we've lost Jeremy Laidler. That's a huge blow, we've spent three years grooming him to replace Scarlett. Bloody Carlton.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Got Tarrant from Freo for pick 55 and a one pick downgrade of our second rounder. Trading with Freo still brings the lulz.

pasag

RTDAS
Got Tarrant from Freo for pick 55 and a one pick downgrade of our second rounder. Trading with Freo still brings the lulz.
No you guys tampered with the draft and gave them no choice. Ridiculous form from Collingwood:

"we'll take any player we want, just get them to go in the preseason draft and drag their feet till they get to us."

Scum of the earth.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Sherman is an OK pick up. At his best he kicks goals and provides some dash, so I'm not too displeased about it. It is pretty much a direct Harbrow-Sherman trade which doesn't look so good, but he's a known quantity unlike anyone in the 19-25 range.
Unfair to judge it like that. No club got fair value from GC re compo picks, probably besides Collingwood with Fraser where GC prob paid more than anyone else would have given their niche need. Given you'd lost Harbrow in that manner, getting Sherman with the pick you got was good trading.

Matt79

Global Moderator
No you guys tampered with the draft and gave them no choice. Ridiculous form from Collingwood:

"we'll take any player we want, just get them to go in the preseason draft and drag their feet till they get to us."

Scum of the earth.
A) can you prove that?
B) whatcha gonna do bout it?
C) go die in a hole crybaby.

Carlton managed to get nothing much for Jacobs, fail to offload Walker or Thornton, and marginally won the Grigg thing. Going nowhere fast that club.

pasag

RTDAS
A) can you prove that?

Carlton managed to get nothing much for Jacobs, fail to offload Walker or Thornton, and marginally won the Grigg thing. Going nowhere fast that club.
a) we could have lost Jacobs for nothing, so it turned out ok in the end.
b) We weren't looking to offload Walker. He was under contract and only would have been traded for a good price.
c) Thornton wasn't really a priority for us.

It was a pretty good trade period for us.

Success or not, you'll always remain a dire club. Run by dire ****s, played by dire ****s, supported by dire ****s.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
A) can you prove that?

Of course he can prove it! It is no secret that Tarrant basically said Collingwood or retirement, so Freo at least had the good nature to **** him royally and take him in the PSD.

Yeah he's a very good pick up (i.e. much better than you think he is judging by your attitude towards him a few pages back), but I still think it is pretty poor form from Collingwood.

Freo did pretty well this period, all things considering.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Obviously Tarrant said what he did. But prove it that him doing so had anything to do with Collingwood doing anything dodgy, as opposed to being a great club in the premiership window.

Re my attitude to Tarrant, it was that we shouldn't trade away anything significant for him. He'll obviously be useful next year and maybe 2012, and given we basically paid only pick 55 for him, I'm happy enough.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Scum of the earth.

Tarrant tampered with the draft, but it's much the same really. Funny how I've heard the reason Tarrant wanted to go back to Collingwood was to thank them for starting his career...but he's ****ed over the club who saved it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Carlton didn't 'marginally win' the trade of Collins for Grigg. It only looks good because Grigg could have walked out, but in terms of value it's even... or yet to be seen.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you go for richmond yeah? i've got no idea why you've gone for Houli.He won't be much use for you for a couple of years - aka he'll be good once you become consistently good. Still PSD/Draft so no real loss for you.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I'm a Tiger fan.

You can't say how good or bad Houli is, or is going to be. He has never had a proper chance, a proper string of matches to show what he's got.

Similar story with Grigg IMO.

I think they'll both be decent pick ups. Nothing Earth shattering, but there is a chance that one of those could be an untapped gun.

Whereas Tambling had been given 6 years of constant play, and only had one good season (2009).

pasag

RTDAS
Obviously Tarrant said what he did. But prove it that him doing so had anything to do with Collingwood doing anything dodgy, as opposed to being a great club in the premiership window.

Re my attitude to Tarrant, it was that we shouldn't trade away anything significant for him. He'll obviously be useful next year and maybe 2012, and given we basically paid only pick 55 for him, I'm happy enough.
You're missing the point. You said, "Trading with Freo still brings the lulz." Well, basically you tried to screw and it was a dog act. Let's not turn around and laugh at them after trying to knife them, kthnx.

pasag

RTDAS
Carlton didn't 'marginally win' the trade of Collins for Grigg. It only looks good because Grigg could have walked out, but in terms of value it's even... or yet to be seen.
Grigg > Collins, but Richmond were in a position of strength and didn't have to give so much away, perhaps. Anyways, overall Richmond had a good week so nothing to complain about.