• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Guess its a fine balance between making sure that they are competitive to start with, without providing them a premiership on a platter.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hale gone to the Hawks.

Interesting whether he plays ruck, or if he'll play forward and Buddy will have more time on the wing. Or both.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Will play 2nd ruck with Renouf you would think but spend plenty of time forward with the new interchange rules. Will be a good get for the Hawks i think, could run riot if he's getting a smaller defender with the other two up there.

Mckinley for pick 86 seems an ok trade, weren't going to use that pick and Mckinley's lost his way a bit after a good start, be interesting to see what role we see for him given he is pretty similar to Warren and Edwards on the face of it.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So stoked with our trade activity so far.

Effectively we traded a North Ballarat player for a first round draft pick. Score.

Matt79

Global Moderator
So they'll have Swan and Swallow? Any other players named after birds, or starting with "Sw" that they're going to target? Tom Swift from the Eagles?

pasag

RTDAS
Andy Collins from Richmond for Grigg confirmed.

Win for us, seeing as we could have lost Grigg for nothing.

Hopefully the Jacobs deal doesn't turn sour and it'll be a good week esp with the coaching pickups.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Unbelievably poor work from Richmond. You want to be doofuses that's fine, but don't help those ****s in the process.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Can only think it's part of some masterplan to get Houli in the PSD that meant you wanted the Grigg thing done now.

Great plan. 8-)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah it's not that bad then.

I figured we'd trade for Houli and get Grigg in their PSD.

If we trade for Grigg and get Houli in the PSD, same result.

Matt79

Global Moderator
The Sherman-Doggies deal done, my spies tell me. The pick the Dogs got for Harbrow going back north. Loins are going to have quite a few picks now - barring Voss trading them all for a handful of beans tomorrow.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Sherman is an OK pick up. At his best he kicks goals and provides some dash, so I'm not too displeased about it. It is pretty much a direct Harbrow-Sherman trade which doesn't look so good, but he's a known quantity unlike anyone in the 19-25 range.