• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i admire lyon for turning dawson and f. ray into reasonable footballers, but the dude's gotta give up on peake. some players will never be good.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah as much as Collingwood are a sack full of ****knobs they were just completely on a different level and deserved that.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Good old Collingwood forever!

We know how to play the game

Side by side we stick together,

to uphold the Magpies name.

See the barrackers a shouting,

as all barrackers should,

Oh, the premiership's a cakewalk

For the good old Collingwood.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Would have been so easy to do the Choco Williams and get up and say "Ross Lyon - you were wrong!". Baffling decision by the Saints at the end of last year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Meh, don't agree with the Grand Final day medallion rule anyway. Should be like other sports where if you play a certain amount of games during the year, you qualify if your team goes on to win it.

Mainly for gun players who got their team into the GF, or on top of the ladder, but then went down with injury. Without them the team wouldn't be in the GF perhaps, so they should get a medal.

The argument for Davis getting one was "the 2nd GF couldn't have happened without the first" (to quote Gerard Wheateley), but surely that counts for players who go down in a prelim. Imagine if Hayes (who saved the Saints many times during the season) went down in a prelim. If the Saints somehow won, for mine he's taken he deserves a medal.

Obviously not many would agree with this as its not the AFL culture, but still think it's a better method. Leon Davis not the best example of why this should occur, as he is a unique example of someone so **** in GFs... but Presti would be a good example. McEvoy another (if Saints had won last week).

Matt79

Global Moderator
Was the weirdest reaction I've ever seen from a guy after winning a flag. Good on him, though. Much happier to see Collingwood players win the flag than certain Sainters.

Mick Malthouse: says in public what everyone says in private about certain tiprats. Gun.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Neither played in a ****ing winning grand final team so neither should get one.

22 Premiership players come out of a year not 23. So stupid by the AFL.
Oh I agree it should be for the 22 on the day, but if anyone from the Pies outside the 22 deserved a medallion, it's Presti, not Leon.

Craig

World Traveller
Meh, don't agree with the Grand Final day medallion rule anyway. Should be like other sports where if you play a certain amount of games during the year, you qualify if your team goes on to win it.

Mainly for gun players who got their team into the GF, or on top of the ladder, but then went down with injury. Without them the team wouldn't be in the GF perhaps, so they should get a medal.

The argument for Davis getting one was "the 2nd GF couldn't have happened without the first" (to quote Gerard Wheateley), but surely that counts for players who go down in a prelim. Imagine if Hayes (who saved the Saints many times during the season) went down in a prelim. If the Saints somehow won, for mine he's taken he deserves a medal.

Obviously not many would agree with this as its not the AFL culture, but still think it's a better method. Leon Davis not the best example of why this should occur, as he is a unique example of someone so **** in GFs... but Presti would be a good example. McEvoy another (if Saints had won last week).
It happens in rugby league as well. In the EPL, it's a minimum of ten games, but I think reserve goalkeepers are usually exempt, but I could very well be wrong.