Cricket Player Manager
Page 110 of 1161 FirstFirst ... 10601001081091101111121201602106101110 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 17410
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: A.F.L. Thread II

  1. #1636
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    a) Collingwood should extend Malthouse's contract and tell Buckley to gagf
    b) Will be sickening seeing Ablett in Gold Coast colours. What an abomination of a team.
    c) Will be there on Friday first hand to boo the Collingwood players in the city.
    d) Watching them lose their third GF in 10 years will be so sweet next week
    e) EAD Matt
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  2. #1637
    School Boy/Girl Captain El Nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the salmon
    Posts
    166
    Soooo keen for the dogs to come from nowhere to beat the saints.

  3. #1638
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    He wasn't just serviceable tonight IMO (or for a lot of the season). He was very good. I haven't looked at the stats yet, but to me he was one of the 5-8 most important players for the Pies in a crucial game. Was particularly important early.

    Some coaches just get the best out of players. Reckon that's what Mick has done with Leigh Brown (sort of like Roos with Ted Richards and Rhyce Shaw).
    Wow, you're way off the mark here I'm afraid. Brown had good games for North Melbourne as well (I think he kicked 6 or 7 in the first round a couple of seasons back), that doesn't mean he's a good player.

    It has nothing to do with the coach getting the best out of a player, it has to do with the team and their structure making players appear to be good. I'm not saying he isn't playing his role in the Collingwood team, it's just that he is suited to the make up of the Collingwood team.

    You've used the example of Shaw. Despite having a few really good seasons for Collingwood, the reason why he's seen to be doing better for Sydney is because Collingwood allready have a number of running backs who are better than him (his bro being one), whereas in Sydney Roos gave him the #1 loose man running back role.

    Horses for courses.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  4. #1639
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,742
    Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Soooo keen for the dogs to come from nowhere to beat the saints.
    Nah **** that. I agree people are talking about the Saints as if they're already won, which is disrespectful, but the Pies will MAUL the Dogs in the GF.

    Lenny Hayes is our only chance of stopping the scum.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.


  5. #1640
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    a) Collingwood should extend Malthouse's contract and tell Buckley to gagf
    b) Will be sickening seeing Ablett in Gold Coast colours. What an abomination of a team.
    c) Will be there on Friday first hand to boo the Collingwood players in the city.
    d) Watching them lose their third GF in 10 years will be so sweet next week
    e) EAD Matt
    I'll be the guy in a Collingwood get-up spitting on you from the balcony above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

    Is Cam White, Is Good.

  6. #1641
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,742
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Wow, you're way off the mark here I'm afraid. Brown had good games for North Melbourne as well (I think he kicked 6 or 7 in the first round a couple of seasons back), that doesn't mean he's a good player.

    It has nothing to do with the coach getting the best out of a player, it has to do with the team and their structure making players appear to be good. I'm not saying he isn't playing his role in the Collingwood team, it's just that he is suited to the make up of the Collingwood team.
    Sure but Leigh Brown has been pretty damn consistent throughout the year. He hasn't just had a couple of huge 6 goal games, which would justify your point.

    Fair enough he's no superstar, but earlier it was mentioned the only reason he's getting a game is because Fraser is crap. He'd make a lot of teams IMO.

  7. #1642
    School Boy/Girl Captain El Nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the salmon
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Nah **** that. I agree people are talking about the Saints as if they're already won, which is disrespectful, but the Pies will MAUL the Dogs in the GF.

    Lenny Hayes is our only chance of stopping the scum.
    I don't really know why as an Essendon supporter, but i hate St Kilda more than Collingwood and i couldn't handle it if St Kilda won the flag, Live right in the middle of where most of the St Kilda fans are based and its hell putting up with all these bandwagon finals supporters.

  8. #1643
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Sure but Leigh Brown has been pretty damn consistent throughout the year. He hasn't just had a couple of huge 6 goal games, which would justify your point.

    Fair enough he's no superstar, but earlier it was mentioned the only reason he's getting a game is because Fraser is crap. He'd make a lot of teams IMO.
    If you look back you'll find I mentioned that Brown wouldn't make North Melbournes current 22 due to the fact NM have two good ruckmen, whereas Collingwood only have one.

  9. #1644
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Saints fans are the worst. Just **** off.

    Murphy's denial of a self-evident truth about the quality of a player reaching the stage where it wouldn't be out of place in a conversation about flat-track bullies in CC...

  10. #1645
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,742
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    If you look back you'll find I mentioned that Brown wouldn't make North Melbournes current 22 due to the fact NM have two good ruckmen, whereas Collingwood only have one.
    I respectfully disagree. A mobile and adaptable big man who can lay 7 tackles against Geelong, regardless of structure, is a valuable asset.

  11. #1646
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I respectfully disagree. A mobile and adaptable big man who can lay 7 tackles against Geelong, regardless of structure, is a valuable asset.
    I disrespectfully call you a ****.

    There's no way I'm spending any more time talking about pleb like Brown.

  12. #1647
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Saints fans are the worst. Just **** off.
    They are annoying because they didn't exist in the 90s, now as soon as they're successful they're everywhere.

    Nothing like you ferals though. Every single time they crossed to the crowd tonight you'd see an army of toothless mongrel bogans. Don't know whether it disproves evolution or it proves it, now that we've found the missing link.

  13. #1648
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,742
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    I disrespectfully call you a ****.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me

  14. #1649
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,742
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    They are annoying because they didn't exist in the 90s, now as soon as they're successful they're everywhere.

    Nothing like you ferals though. Every single time they crossed to the crowd tonight you'd see an army of toothless mongrel bogans. Don't know whether it disproves evolution or it proves it, now that we've found the missing link.
    Truly is astonishing. It's not a stereotype or a myth. Some of the filth I saw tonight was disgusting.

    Making fun of 12 year old Geelong fans. Amazing.

  15. #1650
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Know you're trying to put a brave face on it, but I've seen the artist's impression of the state you've been in since halfway through the first quarter tonight:



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** Tendulkar vs Ponting Thread
    By vic_orthdox in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1338
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 03:08 AM
  2. FAQ & Introduction Thread
    By Samuel_Vimes in forum Cricket Web Tennis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 12:06 PM
  3. Thread Hijacks
    By sledger in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 05:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •