• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Matt79

Global Moderator
Haha. Hasn't been a good trade period for us so far. Grigg is goneskis, Jacobs is out as well and Walker's on his way out very possibly too. Don't think any of them are going to get better opportunities elsewhere besides maybe Jacobs, so meh.

Will be interesting to see if we go for Tarrant, though don't think we will as he's been pretty clear about going home, god knows why.
Depends on how much he wants to screw Freo. You guys should be prepared to pay a lot more than us for him as we've got some good young tall backs who are establishing themselves now. I'm not too excited by the idea of Tarrant coming back - was well and truly over the guy when he left and he's too old, been injured and doesn't fill any gap we have.

pasag

RTDAS
Depends on how much he wants to screw Freo. You guys should be prepared to pay a lot more than us for him as we've got some good young tall backs who are establishing themselves now. I'm not too excited by the idea of Tarrant coming back - was well and truly over the guy when he left and he's too old, been injured and doesn't fill any gap we have.
Not entirely true, he would add to you backline definitely, and IMO you might have won the GF if he was playing last week. But yeah, not a huge thing either way as you're the best side with or without, plus if he's dead set on Collingwood, Carlton won't stand in the way.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Don't agree with that really. If he played, he would have played at Nathan Brown's expense. Brown kept Riewoldt relatively very quiet, don't think you could expect Taz to have done much better. I'd rather have a fit Presti than Tarrant, Reid and Brown are both 22 and developing very nicely. Key backs are probably what we need least.

A decent crumbing forward would be a bigger need. Davis is no good in the role and while we have plenty of mids who can rotate through, and Dick is too frail.

pasag

RTDAS
Don't agree with that really. If he played, he would have played at Nathan Brown's expense. Brown kept Riewoldt relatively very quiet, don't think you could expect Taz to have done much better. I'd rather have a fit Presti than Tarrant, Reid and Brown are both 22 and developing very nicely. Key backs are probably what we need least.

A decent crumbing forward would be a bigger need. Davis is no good in the role and while we have plenty of mids who can rotate through, and Dick is too frail.
Swap Betts for Harry O. Only condition is he doesn't talk.

Matt79

Global Moderator
That's not ridiculous, but probably not quite fair, but in any case, no - like Harry too much. Hypothetical anyway, as you guys wont trade with us.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Nah, think he's struggling with his hammy. Bit of a lottery as to whether hes better or worse this week. Darren Jolly might be some value. Brent McAffer - if he kicks three and has a decent game otherwise. For the Saints, maybe Kosi or Gwilt. (understanding that you're after some value).

Centrebet at the moment saying:
SWAN, D (COLL) 5.00
HAYES, L (STK) 7.00
GODDARD, B (STK) 8.00
RIEWOLDT, N (STK) 8.00
PENDLEBURY, S (COLL) 10.00
DIDAK, A (COLL) 11.00
MONTAGNA, L (STK) 15.00
THOMAS, D (COLL) 15.00
DAL SANTO, N (STK) 17.00
O'BRIEN, H (COLL) 21.00
FISHER, S (STK) 26.00
BALL, L (COLL) 31.00
CLOKE, T (COLL) 31.00
MILNE, S (STK) 31.00
SCHNEIDER, A (STK) 31.00
SHAW, H (COLL) 31.00
JOLLY, D (COLL) 36.00
MAXWELL, N (COLL) 36.00
BEAMS, D (COLL) 41.00
GRAM, J (STK) 41.00
WELLINGHAM, S (COLL) 41.00
BROWN, L (COLL) 51.00
GILBERT, S (STK) 51.00
JOHNSON, B (COLL) 51.00
JONES, C (STK) 51.00
KOSCHITZKE, J (STK) 51.00
DAWES, C (COLL) 61.00
RAY, F (STK) 61.00
SIDEBOTTOM, S (COLL) 61.00
BAKER, S (STK) 71.00
BLAIR, J (COLL) 71.00
BROWN, N (COLL) 71.00
PEAKE, B (STK) 71.00
BLAKE, J (STK) 81.00
DAWSON, Z (STK) 81.00
DEMPSTER, S (STK) 81.00
GWILT, J (STK) 81.00
MACAFFER, B (COLL) 81.00
MCQUALTER, A (STK) 81.00
REID, B (COLL) 81.00
TOOVEY, A (COLL) 81.00
EDDY, R (STK) 101.00
GOLDSACK, T (COLL) 101.00
MCEVOY, B (STK) 101.00

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Probably come back to bite me, but I think that Harry's unders, and Heath Shaw is overs. Harry is a player of consistency, but I don't really feel that he's been the BOG that often this year, whereas Heath Shaw has shown the ability to be Best On.

Think that Cloke is good value there, of course he struggles with kicking but he has the ability to be the focal point and get on a bit of a run. He was the best player in the first half against Geelong, IMDO, until the sting went out of the game.

Redbacks

International Captain
Gram is a decent shot at $41, he was near BOG in last years GF. I guess recent form isn't all that great but he has the potential of a 30 possie game.

Can't see Swan getting it unless he kicks a couple goals. As Walls showed, last week he was almost right upto standard on his usual game but just missed out 13 usual Uncontested Posessions to take him above 30. He got the same elite number of hardballs, clearances, tackles etc. to make him one of the best players on the field. thus you would expect a similar output, a similar tight contested game and therefore it may require some scoreboard influence to get him over the line.

howardj

International Coach
I'm cheering for the Saints today.

It's not that I don't like Collingwood though.

It should be a barn-burner of a match.