• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

howardj

International Coach
I realise that groups of friends have different and their own unique ways of communicating with each other, and I'm certainly not critical of Ablett for changing clubs when he's offered virtual double the salary, however it's a bit strange that he got a club official to send his teammates an en masse SMS, and that he didn't inform his coach RE his departure. I know they're only teammates, not family, but would have thought he could have handled things with a bit more of a personal touch - particularly given all the great times they've shared over the last couple of years.

Last edited:

Andre

International Regular
I realise that groups of friends have different and their own unique ways of communicating with each other, and I'm certainly not critical of Ablett for changing clubs when he's offered virtual double the salary, however it's a bit strange that he got a club official to send his teammates an en masse SMS, and that he didn't inform his coach RE his departure. I know they're only teammates, not family, but would have thought he could have handled things with a bit more of a personal touch - particularly given all the great times they've shared over the last couple of years.
Get the impression by seasons end though that he was on less than stellar terms with a lot of his teammates, and in particular 'Bomber' Thompson - can't see then exchanging christmas cards any time in the near future.

Not convinced that many tears would have been shed in-house at the Cats, put it that way.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Teams announced: Goldsack in for Davis for the Pies; McEvoy in for the injured Gardiner for the Aints.

Very glad Leon is - at this stage - out. Can't be carrying a guy who doesnt contribute when the heat is on.

Reckon that makes us slightly stronger than last week and them slightly weaker.

pasag

RTDAS
Davis getting a premiership medallion is wrong on so many levels.

Matt - Gardiner out makes them stronger seeing as he was on the bench for a significant part of the match.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Davis getting a premiership medallion is wrong on so many levels.

Matt - Gardiner out makes them stronger seeing as he was on the bench for a significant part of the match.
Talking in terms of starting line up obviously.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha. Hasn't been a good trade period for us so far. Grigg is goneskis, Jacobs is out as well and Walker's on his way out very possibly too. Don't think any of them are going to get better opportunities elsewhere besides maybe Jacobs, so meh.

Will be interesting to see if we go for Tarrant, though don't think we will as he's been pretty clear about going home, god knows why.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha. Hasn't been a good trade period for us so far. Grigg is goneskis, Jacobs is out as well and Walker's on his way out very possibly too. Don't think any of them are going to get better opportunities elsewhere besides maybe Jacobs, so meh.

Will be interesting to see if we go for Tarrant, though don't think we will as he's been pretty clear about going home, god knows why.
Walker would totally get a gig at the Dogs if fit. Same with Adelaide.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't you guys just ban him for being such a dire ****. Honestly, his posts are so cringeworthy.

There, I said it.
Not being a good poster should not mean getting banned, imo. That's elitist if I haven't seen it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't you guys just ban him for being such a dire ****. Honestly, his posts are so cringeworthy.

There, I said it.
Loving the fact this post leaves open the imputation that Murphy's post are ****, Morgie's posts are **** or both of them are ****.

And that both Morgie and Murphy have responded :ph34r: