• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Think it's hilarious how a lot of Essendon fans saw this need (and still do) for an "Essendon man" for the job in the wake wake of Sheedy, who was obv. born and bred Bombers...

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
The anthem was a disgrace. Just sing it straight up do everyone can sing along.
Disagree. Our national anthem is ****, and is made even worse when you get these classically trained ****s singing it.

John Williamson does the best rendition for me, and I'm not a huge fan.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think it's hilarious how a lot of Essendon fans saw this need (and still do) for an "Essendon man" for the job in the wake wake of Sheedy, who was obv. born and bred Bombers...
It's been a constant source of amusement for me. Everyone's getting excited because it's looking like Sean Wellman will be leaving the Dees for us, Matty Lloyd is slowly returning to the club and Scott Lucas is joining the board. Everything is going to be ok now. It's so silly. Poor Knights never really had a chance with the fans after getting the nod over "the 2000 PREIMSERSHIP HERO DIMMA".

The anthem was a disgrace. Just sing it straight up do everyone can sing along.
Didn't think it was any worse than any other performance of it really. Hate the anthem being played anyway so.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Beneath our radiant Southern Cross
We'll toil with heart and hand.
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands.
For those who come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share (unless you're a refugee)
Australians let us all unite and
Advance Australia Fair!

If I recall correctly.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Look forward to the Age's jihad against him if true - how dare he do something Caroline Wilson not approve of!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just been watching the highlights on Eurosport 2. Still don't pretend to understand the nuances, but can appreciate a physcial effort and Goddard looked like he was everywhere for St Kilda.

Was quite surprised with his & Maxwell's interviews in the immediate aftermath tho; both sounded to be genuinely gutted to have to go again. Maxwell pretty much said the rules need changing.

howardj

International Coach
Yeah the anthem was ****ing horrible on Saturday.

Loved Marina Prior's version.

Yeah, the anthem was so weak.

He tried to sing it as a song and put his own little spin on it, whereas there's only one real way to sing it.

It was such a meek/weak rendition last Saturday.