• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously, love the fact that there's no extra time during the season, but surely you've got to have extra time in a GF? Can just see next week being an absolute stinker and a one-sided affair.

cricman

International 12th Man
That was awesome, Collingwood have no one but them selves to blame.

I though St. Kilda was gonna pull it out at the end

It was worth staying up all night to watch this

Matt79

Global Moderator
Fuuuuuiiiuiiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** it. ****. **** **** ****.

Spark

Global Moderator
Fuuuuuiiiuiiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avoiding the filter tbh.

I didn't actually know about this, thought they were going into some kind of extra time. Pretty hilarious tbh.

Great final btw.

Craig

World Traveller

Just to be clear, if anybody else does that, you won't be warning them? :p

But wouldn't be funny if next week ends in a draw.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
Goddard:notworthy

Two great sides led by two brilliant coaches.

I'm in Melbourne in two weeks so another draw would be handy :cool:

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
awesome game, awesome finish. I love the idea of a replay, but the way to go in the playoffs would be the extra quarter, one quarter at a time till someone wins, NHL playoff overtime style. if it takes 5 hours so be it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fmd that last point.. Hayes was right there.. A decent bounce and it was all over.

Amazing game.

As always though, a draw is like kissing your sister.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Such a weird feeling at the moment. We were really bad in the second half, and I was so stressed and agitated at the game all that half - my shirt was soaked through with sweat. When the Saints took the lead I nearly vomited, literally got acid reflux in my mouth (and I wasn't drinking today). Then we were up, and suddenly I thought, we might fall over the line. That last point, I nearly fell over the railing (I was in the front row of the top deck in the pocket above it). Then... nothing. Still feel nothing really. Overall, it feels like a loss, particularly as we were flogged in the second half and the Saints had all the momentum, but we're still alive and get another shot at it. I don't think there's any reliable way to predict how next week will go, and honestly at the moment, I can't really bear to think about it. The way I'm feeling at the moment, I think I'm going to try and avoid all footy stuff for the next day or two because it's doing my head in.

Reserved tickets for MCC members are going on sale 12 noon Tuesday, or we can rock up. I'm going to watch next week from home - I can't handle another game like this or, I realised when the Saints hit the front, a close loss. Sounds lame, but I literally don't think I'd be ok - I thought I was going to have a heart attack until Davis kicked that goal to get it back onto level pegging.

pasag

RTDAS
Wow. What a game. That Didak goal early was stunning. St Kilda's professional backline after the first qtr kept them in the game. Goddard was absolutely sensational. LOL at Hayes not getting All-Australian. Maxwell was brilliant. Swan was so-so. Neon Leon was dire and should not be selected next week, although maybe since the game isn't in Sept he might go ok....

Oh and lol @ Collingwood....