• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah for sure and the Collingwood one is pretty good as well. Still it was synonymous with Grand Finals since way before we were all born, just feels so strange without him.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching Adelaide vs. St Kilda. Man, he might not be a great commentator but Seven's combox really misses Sandy Roberts.

I reckon he's a pretty good caller, has a good voice and gets excited. Seven's team these days spends too much time discussing and cracking their own personal jokes instead of calling IMO. Sandy just saying what he sees would fix it

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, why did Stan Alves never coach again after '98? Did pretty well with the Saints all things considered. Was he sacked or did he retire?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, why did Stan Alves never coach again after '98? Did pretty well with the Saints all things considered. Was he sacked or did he retire?
He was sacked at the end of 98.

I remember being outraged how a bloke who made the GF the year before could be turfed so swiftly.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Presti out.

Am off to get slightly roasted and watch the footy. Have a practice match tomorrow, so can't get too excited and silly.

Collingwood by 6 goals.

Er...St Kilda by 2 points.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
He was sacked at the end of 98.

I remember being outraged how a bloke who made the GF the year before could be turfed so swiftly.
They finished 6th the year after, but the players hated him. Timmy Watson took over, had a flying start and then the bottom fell out. From memory, after 9 or 10 rounds in 1999 they were doing OK, then they won about 5 games after that for the next 18 months of Watson's tenure.