• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NHL playoffs

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I've got to say that once your team gets knocked out of the playoffs your interest does wane. Unlike American football where everyone watches the superbowl.

I also think that some of the best hockey gets played in the early rounds when the players are fresh in the later rounds the players play the percentages more. This is most apparent with the hitting. ie more hits in rounds 1 and 2.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
WAC.

Reckon you'll win it TBF, but hoping Philly win tonght so it goes into the 7th game, would be gun.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Brother in law bought a game 7 ticket. Reckons he'll get a full refund if its over before that, otherwise he'll sell it for thousands.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
:(

Guess I'm pretty pleased that the Hawks won overall, they play really exciting hockey and seem like a decent bunch of blokes (bar Byfuglien). Still sort of wanting Philly in the final though, love their fighting spirit and Chris Pronger is probably the biggest legend in the NHL.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
:(

Guess I'm pretty pleased that the Hawks won overall, they play really exciting hockey and seem like a decent bunch of blokes (bar Byfuglien). Still sort of wanting Philly in the final though, love their fighting spirit and Chris Pronger is probably the biggest legend in the NHL.
I remember his draft year. Alexandre Daigle went 1st - what a bust he was. Then the remarkable Paul Kariya. Then the dissapointing Chris Gratton. Then finally Pronger I think. All of them were supposed to be can't miss players. Pronger I guess the best of the bunch but Kariya was pretty snazzy.

Actually here is the draft - Bertuzzi a steal. Thibault had a mixed career. I remember them chanting his name when he went up to put the jersey on.

Usually the top 5 players in the draft year a pretty good and then it is pretty random after that. I analysed it in detail once.

1 Alexandre Daigle Centre Canada Ottawa Senators Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)
2 Chris Pronger Defence Canada Hartford Whalers Peterborough Petes (OHL)
3 Chris Gratton Centre Canada Tampa Bay Lightning Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)
4 Paul Kariya Left Wing Canada Mighty Ducks of Anaheim Maine Black Bears (Hockey East)
5 Rob Niedermayer Centre Canada Florida Panthers Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
6 Viktor Kozlov Left Wing Russia San Jose Sharks HC Dynamo Moscow (Russia)
7 Jason Arnott Centre Canada Edmonton Oilers Oshawa Generals (OHL)
8 Niklas Sundstrom Left Wing Sweden New York Rangers Modo (Sweden)
9 Todd Harvey Centre Canada Dallas Stars Detroit Jr. Red Wings (OHL)
10 Jocelyn Thibault Goaltender Canada Quebec Nordiques Sherbrooke Faucons (QMJHL)
11 Brendan Witt Defence Canada Washington Capitals Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
12 Kenny Jonsson Defence Sweden Toronto Maple Leafs Rögle BK (Sweden)
13 Denis Pederson Centre Canada New Jersey Devils Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
14 Adam Deadmarsh Centre Canada/ United States Quebec Nordiques Portland Winter Hawks (WHL)
15 Mats Lindgren Centre Sweden Winnipeg Jets Skellefteå AIK (Sweden)
16 Nick Stajduhar Defence Canada Edmonton Oilers London Knights (OHL)
17 Jason Allison Centre Canada Washington Capitals London Knights (OHL)
18 Jesper Mattsson Centre Sweden Calgary Flames Malmö IF (Sweden)
19 Landon Wilson Right Wing United States Toronto Maple Leafs Dubuque (USHL)
20 Mike Wilson Defence Canada Vancouver Canucks Sudbury Wolves (OHL)
21 Saku Koivu Centre Finland Montreal Canadiens TPS (SM-liiga)
22 Anders Eriksson Defence Sweden Detroit Red Wings MODO (Sweden)
23 Todd Bertuzzi Centre Canada New York Islanders Guelph Storm (OHL)
24 Eric Lecompte Left Wing Canada Chicago Blackhawks Hull Olympiques (QMJHL)
25 Kevyn Adams Centre United States Boston Bruins Miami RedHawks (CCHA)
26 Stefan Bergkvist Defence Sweden Pittsburgh Penguins Leksands IF (Sweden)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, such a shame that Toews, Kane and Kieth are coming to Pittsburgh next year.

Last edited: