• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NHL playoffs

PhoenixFire

International Coach
"a few odd games" buddy its called the Playoffs....i don't think you have any clue about ice hockey....ever played it? Crosby was literally owned by Gill and Pleck. Anyone who knows hockey would know that...anyways..Pens are history now...nuff said.
Right, he got so badly owned that he scored 4 goals in 4 games against them....

I'm not really sure why you are making such a big deal out of the playoffs anyway and why you are just discarding the whole of the regular season? Like I said several times before, you don't just fluke being the joint top scorer do you? I know everyone who isn't a Penguins fan has this big thing against Crosby, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. Next thing you'll be saying that Bergeron is better than him....

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Erm what's that got to do with anything?
Ermm....its got to do with the whiner's ass getting eliminated for sure.... :laugh:

I am just laughing my butt off on those Pens fans .....4 goals in the opening period... :laugh: and the whiner goes, " oh i don't know how that's a penalty....bla bla bla"...

Faisal1985

Right, he got so badly owned that he scored 4 goals in 4 games against them....

I'm not really sure why you are making such a big deal out of the playoffs anyway and why you are just discarding the whole of the regular season? Like I said several times before, you don't just fluke being the joint top scorer do you? I know everyone who isn't a Penguins fan has this big thing against Crosby, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. Next thing you'll be saying that Bergeron is better than him....
When it comes to Hockey its all about who makes it to the playoffs and then who goes on ....If you like hockey and you know about hockey...you would know the difference between playoff hockey and regular season.....

No its not about being against Pens or anything like that....its about the sportsmanship. Crosby has the skills but has no sportsmanship what so ever. I liked Crosby until he started trash talking the Habs and how it will be Pens in 4....and the whole nine yards....Crosby scored the last goal for Canada in the Olympics and i gave him a lot of respect for that....but when he acts like he should get special treatment in the game, that don't settle well with me or any other true Hockey fan...even the Pens fans say this.....he doesn't want anyone skating within 5 feet radius of him, if someone does it he yaps to the ref like a crybaby....

Anyhow, Cindy's team is down and out...walking three feet above the ground doesn't get you anywhere....learn some lessons Cindy!

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Ermm....its got to do with the whiner's ass getting eliminated for sure.... :laugh:

I am just laughing my butt off on those Pens fans .....4 goals in the opening period... :laugh: and the whiner goes, " oh i don't know how that's a penalty....bla bla bla"...
Fancy translating that into English so I can actually understand and respond to what you actually said?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
When it comes to Hockey its all about who makes it to the playoffs and then who goes on ....If you like hockey and you know about hockey...you would know the difference between playoff hockey and regular season.....
Sure it's what matters. I'm a Pittsburgh fan and I don't give a crap about winning conferences and divisons, it's the Stanley Cup that I want to win and that's it. The intensity and standard of play is obviously higher in the playoffs than in the regular season, but you can't just disregard an absolute truckload of games in the regular seaon where Crosby was basically the best player, bar maybe Ovechkin, in the whole of the NHL. Not performing in 1 series doesn't make you overated. Anyhow, he captained Pittsburgh to success last year and played like an absolute god FFS, going by your standards that's basically the best thing you can do.

It's your crazy judgements of disregarding last years playoffs and this seasons regular season that make no sense to me.

No its not about being against Pens or anything like that....its about the sportsmanship. Crosby has the skills but has no sportsmanship what so ever. I liked Crosby until he started trash talking the Habs and how it will be Pens in 4....and the whole nine yards....Crosby scored the last goal for Canada in the Olympics and i gave him a lot of respect for that....but when he acts like he should get special treatment in the game, that don't settle well with me or any other true Hockey fan...even the Pens fans say this.....he doesn't want anyone skating within 5 feet radius of him, if someone does it he yaps to the ref like a crybaby....
You're quite clearly massively overstating exactly what Crosby is like when he is on the ice. Of course it's being anti-Pittsburgh and anti-Crosby, it's exactly the same in all sports; you get great player in a great team and of course everyone is going to try and pick out every small fault that they do, it's only natural. I don't really care that people do it, because it's pretty obvious that every side in the NHL would love to have him (and Malkin, Letang, Gonchar, Guerin ect) in their team. If he was just some random player playing for a crap team like Edmonton, nobody would give a toss about what he does and whether he yaps at the refs or not, it's just because he is so good and attracts so much attention.

Apart from this series, have you ever actually seen him play before? Doesn't seem like it, he is probably the 3rd or 4th most physical player in Pittsburgh and isn't afraid of contact like you seem to suggest.

Anyhow, Cindy's team is down and out...walking three feet above the ground doesn't get you anywhere....learn some lessons Cindy!
And if you are going to resort to being a little child and stupid name-calling, I don't really have any time for you :)

Faisal1985

Sure it's what matters. I'm a Pittsburgh fan and I don't give a crap about winning conferences and divisons, it's the Stanley Cup that I want to win and that's it.

And how do you plan on doing that? By playing TRUCK LOADS of regular season crape?

You're quite clearly massively overstating exactly what Crosby is like when he is on the ice. Of course it's being anti-Pittsburgh and anti-Crosby, it's exactly the same in all sports; you get great player in a great team and of course everyone is going to try and pick out every small fault that they do, it's only natural. I don't really care that people do it, because it's pretty obvious that every side in the NHL would love to have him (and Malkin, Letang, Gonchar, Guerin ect) in their team.
Wrong, a lot of teams would prefer to have Ovie, Backstorm and many others out their who are simply amazing players and don't try to become the center of attention.

Crosby is no where close to be the best player of NHL. He always needs a partner to perform, Malkin for as long as he was in form Crosby did good. Unlike Crosby, Ovie is a much better offensive choice for any team he can single-handedly win games...Yes it was not his best season but i would take Ovie any day over Crosby....

I don't even want to get in the discussion about how many penalty calls Crosby gets despite doing all the criminal acts....Go watch a live hockey game if you get a chance and you will see what Crosby is for real....a whiner....thats all.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
And how do you plan on doing that? By playing TRUCK LOADS of regular season crape?
Erm, the two things are completely unrelated. I'd like to think that it is reasonably obvious that I was saying that I'd rather Pittsburgh won the Stanley Cup and, on a totally unrelated point, that I think that just because Crosby hasn't performed in the playoffs doesn't mean that he is overated; a point that you still haven't actually responded to.

Wrong, a lot of teams would prefer to have Ovie, Backstorm and many others out their who are simply amazing players and don't try to become the center of attention.
Erm and what exactly has teams wanting to have players like Ovechkin and Backstrom, which they obviously would do, have to do with anything exactly? Again you aren't really responding to the points that I'm actually making.

Crosby is no where close to be the best player of NHL. He always needs a partner to perform, Malkin for as long as he was in form Crosby did good. Unlike Crosby, Ovie is a much better offensive choice for any team he can single-handedly win games...Yes it was not his best season but i would take Ovie any day over Crosby....
All of this is opinion, obviously. In my admittedly biased opinion, I think that Crosby is at least joint 2nd best player in the NHL, behind Ovechkin and joint with Henrik Sedin, and maybe even the best, I don't know. I'm going to bother to try and persuade you, as quite frankly, I don't really care whether you rate him or not.

I don't even want to get in the discussion about how many penalty calls Crosby gets despite doing all the criminal acts....Go watch a live hockey game if you get a chance and you will see what Crosby is for real....a whiner....thats all.
Unless you have some sort of magic ability to hear exactly what Sid says when he is talking to the referee at a live game, I'm not exactly sure what advantage watching him play live is in judging how he acts towards the referee. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.

Faisal1985

Your points are beyond a doubt utterly ridiculous....i don't even understand wtf you are saying... sometimes you start talking about regular season and truck loads of goals/games and then how all you want is Pens to win the Stanley and then you go off about how Crosby is the best player in NHL, any team would want him and the whole nine yards...dude, there are bigger and better sportsmen in NHL then Crosby...just because the dude won a Stanley last year (that too with the support of Gill and good defence) doesn't mean he is the best player. If with in the span of 1 year, the same Corsby, the same Malkin the same Staal are unable to beat an 8th seeded team then they are certainly over rated...no question about it......

TBH i am not even sure if you understand the game itself....let alone arguing upon it.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Your points are beyond a doubt utterly ridiculous....i don't even understand wtf you are saying... sometimes you start talking about regular season and truck loads of goals/games and then how all you want is Pens to win the Stanley.
How about actually responding to the points that I am making rather than some illiterate jumble of random points that have nothing to do with anything I've actually said. I'll break it down nice and simply for you so you actually understand it....

a) I think that, for me, Pittsburgh winning the Stanley cup is the most important thing that there is in hockey.

This above statement has nothing to do with...

b) I think that you can't disregard all of the many games that Crosby has played in the regular season, just because he failed to perform in 1 series of the playoffs. I actually can't believe I have said this the amount of times I have without you actually responding to it.

If you don't understand that, then I give up.

and then you go off about how Crosby is the best player in NHL, any team would want him and the whole nine yards...dude, there are bigger and better sportsmen in NHL then Crosby....
Fair enough, I can't force you to agree with me about that. I think Crosby is one of, or the best player in the NHL and you don't. Fine, it doesn't bother me.

just because the dude won a Stanley last year (that too with the support of Gill and good defence) doesn't mean he is the best player. If with in the span of 1 year, the same Corsby, the same Malkin the same Staal are unable to beat an 8th seeded team then they are certainly over rated...no question about it......

TBH i am not even sure if you understand the game itself....let alone arguing upon it.
How does not beating the 8th team seed mean they are underated? It meant that they underperformed and Montreal played very well, just like they played very well and beat Washington. You don't seem to be giving all this stick to Ovechkin, even though he is the main-player in the Capita'ls team.

You haven't actually given me a reason as to why you don't think I understand hockey either, just a load of illiterate waffle that isn't really relevant to anything.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is like Aussie only about the NHL.

Next we'll get posts about how Morris knows nothing about ice hockey because he doesn't know exactly how many black players there are.