• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NHL playoffs

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Penguins (L). Such a great game of hockey last night, thought we were gonna get trounced when the Sens (nearly) got their 4th. Such a fantastic comeback, it's why I love the Penguins. Fair play to Pascal LeClaire though, he was outstanding all game, espcially since it's his first playoffs. Interesting to see that both Crosby and Malkin were quite shocking, good that we can still do well without them.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark I saw your post the other day and that is how I found out the canucks had won.

And now they have the series!

Although Frolov scored his first goal of the playoffs early on, Luongo kept the Canucks' deficit from growing much larger while Los Angeles outshot Vancouver 4 to 1 for most of the first 30 minutes. The Canadian Olympic star made his most spectacular save on Smyth's point-blank chance midway through the second period, rolling to the ice while making an improbable glove stop above his prone body.

"I was lying down and I saw him winding up," Luongo said. "Luckily, he doesn't have a Howitzer there, so I was able to snare it."

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark I saw your post the other day and that is how I found out the canucks had won.

And now they have the series!

Although Frolov scored his first goal of the playoffs early on, Luongo kept the Canucks' deficit from growing much larger while Los Angeles outshot Vancouver 4 to 1 for most of the first 30 minutes. The Canadian Olympic star made his most spectacular save on Smyth's point-blank chance midway through the second period, rolling to the ice while making an improbable glove stop above his prone body.

"I was lying down and I saw him winding up," Luongo said. "Luckily, he doesn't have a Howitzer there, so I was able to snare it."

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha, come on the Canadiens, would absolutely love it if they beat the Caps. Hate Ovechkin and Mike Green, ****s. Great effort by Cammalleri, 2 goals in the first 10 minutes or something silly like that. The 7th game will be immense.

Good to see the Blackhawks going through as well, hopefully PKane can do well, love watching him play.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Backing Pittsburgh to take down the Habs again tonight. Another big game from Fleury and I reckon we'll have the series.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Backing Pittsburgh to take down the Habs again tonight. Another big game from Fleury and I reckon we'll have the series.
First of all i am truly thrilled to find some fellows here on CW into ice hockey....i am absolutely loving the partying going on here in MTL. Habs have done the unthinkable....

IMHO, As long as Halak can do his magic and Gill and Josh hold off Crosby and Malkin, we have a real chance for another upset...

No one gave us a chance....but here we are...2-2 tie.

One thing i have to say is that the officiating was terrible. At least 5 calls that should have been called were not for the Habs. On top of that the call that the ref made on Malkin for goalie interference was a joke.....

Last edited:

Faisal1985

Couldn't find the thread on this so started a new one.

I am following Vancouver. The lost yesterday but the series is tied 1-1.

NHL.com is offering streaming video of selected matches for a fee. It should be all games from a fans perspective but I guess it is complicated.

Traditionally in the NHL playoffs one of the two conference winners will go all the way to the final - the other teams seem to have less chance of making it.
Habs are right behind you Canucks! Don't let the Hawks do this to you again. I always believed Van were the best Canadian team out their....Habs have just done magic this year but TBH, Van is the best Canadian team....

Go Habs Go!

Faisal1985

In my opinion Luongo is the best tender in the league. His Olympics was sensational and there's no reason why we can't go all the way. In reality we should've won game two if it wasn't for a couple of things that didn't go our way. We were two-zip up and normally Luongo is good enough to shut the game out from there.
What are your thoughts now....taking into account the Halak factor?

Indipper

State Regular
Halak looks pretty good, but he's only played about 100 NHL games so far. Give him time. Luongo will be the best goaltender when Brodeur retires,

And I doubt the Habs can get past the Pens, but time will tell..