• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League Draft 2

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn't have picked Thurston or Smith. At least not this early.
S Walters and Buderus already gone tbh. Likewise Kenny, Lewis, Lockyer, Daley and Fittler.

Would only have Boxhead and Buderus ahead of Smith as a rake tbh, and it's really 50-50 with Buderus. Guys like Simmons, Elias, K Walters, Conescu etc all fine players, but for me those three are the stand outs in the era at issue.

Likewise, wanted Kenny to compliment Sterling - still I think the most naturally gifted footballer I've seen, but I admit to bias on that front.

Thurston adds a really good second kicking option to Sterlo, but I'd still have Pete doing most of the kicking. Unusually for his era, he used to kick from in the attacking line a lot, not set deeper like a lot of others did in general play. Played the single greatest club match I've ever seen from one player too - late 80s vs Brisbane at Parra Stadium when we were utter ****. IIRC we were up 20 odd- 4 with about 15 left and they ran over us - he topped the tackle count that day, scored a couple and threw the last pass for every other try we scored. Think he got a 10 in the Dally Ms for that game - and for one vs Easts as well around that time.

Again, I readily admit to bias here, but FMD he was a complete player - if Sterlo had kicked goals you'd have had to start Jesus on the bench had he been playing for us. What a player he was.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looks live I've got another turn again.

Gene Miles. Not sure if I'll play him in the centres or backrow.

Team so far
Allan Langer
Brett Kenny
Bob Lindner
Ben Elias
Gene Miles.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Code:
Round 1
Clapo - Andrew Johns
Burgey - Peter Sterling