• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weighted AFL tipping

pasag

RTDAS
We discussed this in the AFL thread a while back.

Basically you put in your tips like regular but your results are based on the odds for the match so let's take Geelong ($1.26) vs Essendon ($3.75) first round,

if you tip Geelong and they get up you get 1.26 points, if you tip Essendon and they get up you get 3.75 points.

So who's in?

irfan

State Captain
Sounds great, in.

Odds just before bouncedown to account for late withdrawals/injuries on the eve of the match

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Wish we'd used this idea for the Super 14 tipping competition TBH, bit late now I suppose - would certainly have promoted the tipping of less fancied sides with more points on the line for doing so correctly.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'll have a bash. Thursday might be a bit tight deadline wise for some tho? Usually game on Fridays isn't there?

Won't bother me, btw, having no life and that... :ph34r:

pasag

RTDAS
I'll have a bash. Thursday might be a bit tight deadline wise for some tho? Usually game on Fridays isn't there?

Won't bother me, btw, having no life and that... :ph34r:
Maybe we'll make it you're free tip earlier and will generally know the approximate odds based on bet365, sportsbet.com.au etc but the final odds will be Thursday night's after the teams are released.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think I might try out a tactic and tip the underdog in every game for the whole season and see how it goes. Could really pay off or bomb, depending on how it all plays out early in the season I reckon.