• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Winter Olympics vs Commonwealth Games

Matt79

Global Moderator
Two events with major delusions of grandeur as to their importance vis a vis their status as global sporting events IMO. Discuss and vote

Matt79

Global Moderator
There was meant to be a poll but the website ducked up at the crucial juncture. Consider jelly wrestling to be the irrelevant third option to the question of which event has bigger pretensions.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Winter Olympics way ahead of the Commonwealth Games in my opinion, the latter is entierly pointless.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clearly Winter Olympics. Commonwealth Games is just more of the same as the Olympics, just without America.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia in general doesnt care about the winter olympics (except when we win something). I think this is because we pretty much never win anything and we know how much Aussies like a winner, cant say for anyone else but it seems that it's a bit of an uninspiring competition.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Commonwealth Games clearly the superior event, for the sole reason it's coming to the greatest city in the world in 4 years time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Winter Olympics ****s on the pointless Commonwealth Games. And I don't even really care for the Winter Olympics.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I prefer to watch the Commonwealth Games because it has sports in it that I actually give a **** about, but obviously the Winter Olympics has the higher standard of competition within the individual sport.

That being said, it is like choosing whether I'd rather watch Sheffield Shield or Premier League Tiddlywinks.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Never given a second thought to the Winter Olympics. Commonwealth Games clearly superior IMO based on the sports involved. Now if there was a Commonwelath Winter Games then that would be the pits.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Never given a second thought to the Winter Olympics. Commonwealth Games clearly superior IMO based on the sports involved. Now if there was a Commonwelath Winter Games then that would be the pits.
:laugh: we have a winner

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Prefer Winter Olympics to Summer Olympics and Commonwealth Games.

The Commonwealth Games, though, often come and go as quietly as a Bangladeshi Test series. That said I actually like it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Winter Olympics any day over CG. Infact I prefer Winter Olympics to Summer Olympics.