• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2010 Winter Olympics - Vancouver

cpr

International Coach
Not with a head on like that no, but higher banking or other protection around the corners would prevent someone flying off the track like that. IMO unless that steel pole is physically supporting part of the track it doesnt need to be in that position so close to the track. Judging by the height of it its holding something above the racetrack, thus really isnt 100% vital to be there so close to the track.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently Australia won a gold medal in snow boarding or something. Well done, whoever you are.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Highlight of the games for me is Mick Molloy and Eddie McGuire making gooses of themselves (especially McGuire) with homophobic statements.

Dydl

International Debutant
Apparently Australia won a gold medal in snow boarding or something. Well done, whoever you are.
It's Torah Bright! She's quite well known actually. Well, relatively. She's the most recognised female snowboarder, and she just happens to be Australian. :)

Stoked for her, I was really hoping she'd get through for the gold.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
hmm the woman from the curling team this olympics is a lot nicer than that munter we had when we won the gold. Not sure whether thats an omen or not.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The viewing quality across the curling teams has been of a surprisingly high standard all round, particularly Russia and Germany (not their skip). All the better in HD.

_Ed_

Yay, the Skeleton thingamygig has always been my fave sport.:clap:
It's daft, IMO.

I thought luge was bad enough, but honestly, I'm struggling to believe that someone come along and said, "**** this, I'm going head first!"

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Winter Olympics>Summer Olympics for mine. Always hooks me in...possibly because they're all sports I've never done.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
There's this to be said for the Winter Olympic sports: in about half the sports (skeleton not among them) the athletes are self-sufficient from the incomes generated in the competitive season. Compare this to the British National Lottery money ploughed into track cycling, rowing, sailing, swimming, etc.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
If you are good you are self sufficient, iirc Snow Sports GB went in to administration a couple of months ago and the BOA had to step in to fund the skiers trips to the olympics.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome Finale this afternoon, Hockey Gold match between Canada and USA.

Olympic Hockey is >>>>>>>>>>>>> NHL

Just Awesome. One of the best Hockey games I have watched.

Burgey

Who won it, out of interest?

I know I'm getting old and all, but is it just me who can't see the puck 95% of the time in that game?

Last edited:

Dydl

International Debutant

I know I'm getting old and all, but is it just me who can't see the puck 95% of the time in that game?
Canada won it 3-2, in dramatic fashion.

Nah, with you there, can't see the puck for the vast majority of the time.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

Get HD TV, it is cheap and you will never watch sport in regular TV then. It is that good.

Canada won in OT on a Crosby Goal.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
can't see the puck for the vast majority of the time.
I watch it on 50 inch HD TV and It can be seen if the Camera can catch it. I am waiting for the day when they show cricket on HD. I am pretty sure 3rd umpires will have it a lot easier.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Awesome finish.

USA forcing it into overtime with that goal with 25 seconds left was awesome.

Then Crosby's golden goal was sweet.