• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Open 2010 prediction competition

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I can't win, too many bagels and then my hail mary's (Cilic and Tsonga) didn't come off either.

Serena
Fed

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Table before the men's final:

NUFAN 329
SBI 325
Somerset, Brumby 324
Dydl 307
Clapo 304
Mat 297
Håkon 283
Jono 272
Marc 266
Wright 262
altoz 246
Simon 224

Think Clapo would have picked Henin anyway so not disastrous to miss.

SBI intriguingly poised thanks to nearly everyone above him picking Henin though.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Indeed, NUFAN becomes our 16th different Slam winner

NUFAN 355
Somerset 350
Dydl 333
SBI 325
Brumby 324
Håkon 309
Clapo 304
Jono 298
Mat 297
Marc 292
Wright 262
Simon 250
altoz 246

None of the top three have made it to the hall of fame before, so good work.

Don't think I would have caught Rob even with the missed day, and excellent tipping towards the end. And day seven.

So...feedback? Thought this worked better than many comps we've had, and the AO is (along with US Open) the worst for me to run.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Australian Open 2010 - NUFAN
US Open 2009 - Marc71178
Wimbledon 2009 - SirBloody_Idiot
French 2009 - No Comp Held
Australian 2009 - Jono
US Open 2008 - Comp Not Completed
Wimbledon 2008 - Headhunter
French Open 2008 - Kyle
Australian Open 2008 - Håkon
US Open 2007 - No Comp Held
Wimbledon 2007 - Matteh
French Open 2007 - Pup Clarke
Australian Open 2007 - Dale
US Open 2006 - Marc71178
Wimbledon 2006 - Alternative
US Open 2006 - No Comp Held
Australian Open 2006 - Blaze
US Open 2005 - Simon
Wimbledon 2005 - No Comp Held
French Open 2005 - Chaminda_00
Australian Open 2005 - Pratyush

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congrats NUFAN :)

Thanks for running it Mr Mork (y)

Feedback....despite most people not being a huge fan of it, reckon we should throw the full womens draw into the mix (as opposed to just the 4th round onwards) for next time.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Feedback....despite most people not being a huge fan of it, reckon we should throw the full womens draw into the mix (as opposed to just the 4th round onwards) for next time.
Would sap my life-force to correct 64 matches on a Tuesday night. Not to mention tip them.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeh no need for the womens, still a bit undecided on the scoring but happy to go with whatever the person running it wants.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks for running the competition Vimes. Happy with second though after leading or sharing the lead for much of the tournament its nice to know I still have the ability to throw away winning positions. :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pretty stoked to have finally made it on the hall of fame. Cheers for running this again Vimes.

As for feedback, I love the fact that we have to email our picks for the finals, I think we should probably email before the semi's too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Congrats to NUFAN and kudos to Samuel for the leg work too.

Scoring system seems to work ok, I always thought 64 points (IIRC) for the finals was OTT.

Definitely don't want the women included any earlier either; not overly fussed about having them in it at all tbh.