• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* EPL and Nationalwide competitions thread

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
anzac said:
Elsewhere Blackburn & Brett Emerton gave Wolves a tough welcome back with a 5-1 win. Emerton had a hand in several on Rovers goals, including scoring himself.

good to see emerton doing well :)

hope Liverpool play well

Cloete

International Captain
well Pompey impressed me today.... a convincing "should be" 2-0 victory (2-1 it was) because barry kicked the ground fell and got given a penalty:rolleyes:. but sherignham, berger, stone and their striker called perri(sumthin after that) impressed me.... i think they may be in with a shot at UEFA. Blackburn also impressed Emerton had a stunner (luckily for bugs in the fantasy league :!(:!(). Man U also played well.... Ronaldo looked the goods.... a few good crosses and a hell of alot of good tricks. Djembe Djembe also played quite well including setting uo the Scholes goal.... Giggs took Beckham's place with a stunning free kick and finished off a superbly worked scholes outisde foot, van nistelrooy tight volley brilliantly saved by jaskelinnen (SP?:P). the finnish goalie also impressed. however howard made a few good saves of his own and finished off with a clean sheet. i didn't see n e other games. but i can;t wait for the rest of the season :D..... bring on the Barclaycard English Premier League LIVE on Fox Sports... although i only watched the replays today :D:D

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
exciting start to the premier league. good to see emerton doing well, and ronaldo was good to watch. i was dissapointed ljungberg didn't score but, there you go.

Craig

World Traveller
I think something has to be done about Arsenal's displine record. Sol Campbell became the 51st Arsenal player under Arsne Wenger and it is becoming a joke.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Campbells red card doesnt give much light to Wengers assault on the F.A last week.

Its obvious that the problem is Campbell himself.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd have to say my two favourites are:

Raul - obviously not in the EPL but he makes scoring goals against the best teams look very easy

Cudicini - Unknown goalkeeper a year ago but he is out of this world & if Italy weren't blessed with the likes of Buffon & Toldo then Cudicini would easily be first choice.

nibbs

International Captain
what a great start. Beating Liverpool at Anfield for the first time in yonks. Great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha Bugs :)

Cloete

International Captain
Raul for me :). always has been.... the best striker in the world yet is soo damn under-rated... it ****es me off:!(:!(! also damn chelsea and their huge finances:!(

nibbs

International Captain
Cloete said:
Raul for me :). always has been.... the best striker in the world yet is soo damn under-rated... it ****es me off:!(:!(! also damn chelsea and their huge finances:!(
what?

Raul is not under rated? He is regonised as one of the worlds best strikers, ie Chelsea bidded 71 million pounds for him...

I rate him highly.

Michael Owen is over-rated...

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
agree with you there, nib. owen is hugely over-rated. raul is most certainly not under-rated. some have called him reals best player, which is saying something.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Raul is not underrated by people, but he's probably not as famous as players like Owen (because the EPL is probably the most famous league worldwide) or Ronaldo (because Brazil have been successful in World Cups etc) and thats why he probably doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr. Ponting said:
who is everyones fav player here?
mines ljungberg
Favourite current or all-time player?

My favourite non-Derby County current player is Edgar Davids.
Favourite all-time player is Colin Todd.