• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* EPL and Nationalwide competitions thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If Baggio were still good enough, the Italian fans would be clamouring for him, but he is too old for it now and not as good as other options.

He may have looked good in what was in effect a Testimonial game, but that means nothing about a competitive International Tournament!

Craig

World Traveller
Actually some Italian fans (and they know quite a bit about the Italian game) seem to consider him to be good enough.

He seems to be good enough from what I have seen.

Woud you rather pick del Piero who hasnt been in good form this season?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Form is temporary, class is permanent - and by the way Baggio scored less goals than Del Piero this season.

Craig

World Traveller
IIRC he hasnt.

It's got nothing to do with them playing for Inter or not, whether they are good enough.

I consider Antonio Cassano to be one of the best young strikers in the world, and yet he has never played for Inter...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cassano is more of a number 10 than a striker and must have improved a lot from when I saw him playing regularly.

Craig

World Traveller
He has, he was brilliant when Roma thumped Inter 4-1. It was to be epected though after Inter got done by Brescia and Udinese.