• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* EPL and Nationalwide competitions thread

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Man Utd are signing Kleberson aren't they?
I don't really know if he's up to the same level as Veron or Beckham.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
certainly doesn't live up to the 'hype' of beckham. anyway, who saw his first goal for real?

Craig

World Traveller
Beckham for me is over-rated. Besides his ability to curve the ball and take free kicks, I dont see how good he is meant to be.

Mr. P

yeah. i think michael shumacher is over-rated too. Besides the fact that he has dominated for the past 6-7 years, I don't see how good he is meant to be.:rolleyes:

nibbs

International Captain
Mr. Ponting said:
yeah. i think michael shumacher is over-rated too. Besides the fact that he has dominated for the past 6-7 years, I don't see how good he is meant to be.:rolleyes:
wtf??? Mr. Ponting you are one strange chap :yawn:

Bazza

International 12th Man
I think it will still be between Man U and Arsenal. We've lost Beckham but Veron was never that good and if the rest of the midfield stay fit (Giggs, Scholes, Keano, Butty, Solskjaer, Djembe-Djembe and Kleberson) we'll be just fine. No wonder Fergie was happy to get £15m for Veron!

It depends how well Howard performs in goal. If he lives up to the hype and is better than Barthez we'll still be the team to beat.

Elsewhere Arsenal have lost Seaman and not made any improvements, other than bringing in Lehmann, who is unproven.

Chelsea have bought a whole new team which will lead to alot of resentment from players frozen out (some of them good). I think Ranieri isn't good enough to deliver a Premiership title, even with £60m.

Liverpool are pretty dodgy as well. If they insist on playing Heskey they will always struggle and I don't think they are strong enough.

Same old story for me.

Nobody has mentioned Newcastle either - they might ahve a good shot as dark horses.

Craig

World Traveller
Adrain Matu has signed with Chelsea from Serie A club Parma.

Also I find Diego Forlan absolutely useless.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Don't follow football as closely as I used to - certainly not Italian football anyway. Still I've never heard of Mutu (sp?) and was surprised to hear of Chelsea splashing £15-16m on him. Then again I'd never heard of Glen Johnson and he was billed as the next best thing after his £6m move.

Mr. P

Over here in Aus i can't follow soccer much. I don't have pay tv, which means all i can follow is either the english premier league or, *shudder*, watch the australian domestic teams "fight it out" for the premiership. You can guess i chose the former.

Craig

World Traveller
I have the advantage of pay-TV, but my team is in first division, so I cant watch the mighty West Brom despite going down 4-1 to Walsall :( :(

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
im going for blackburn now that Emerton is there.
But i think Chelsea will win the title this season.
so will i.... and if i'm not mistaken Neil will be going for them as well. i have been going for blackers for a while :)

Cloete

International Captain
well on CM4 howard and mutu r awesome :). and believe don't say it's just a game. CM has this un canny nack of predicting...there ha been numorous things that it has predicted. like adu is aweosme on CM4...... 3 weeks after it's release Newcastle and Man U are after him:rolleyes:

anzac

International Debutant
Man U & Arsenal will fight it out for the spoils again this season. Although neither have bought big in the off season their respective squads are still the envy of any of the other contenders (bar the 'new' Chelsea).

I think both managers had decided to wait until the mid season window to buy if required, once their primary targets fell thru' etc. I also think that they will pick up a few more bargains as the ftransfer fees bottom out, unlike paying big dollars like Chelsea have.

Liverpool will threaten of sorts with the aquisition of Kewell, but a lot will ride upon the starting lineup & what positions they play. IMO Owen misses Heskey as the target man & Heskey is ineffective in any other position. Kewell would do better with a free reign behind the front 2 to create havok!

Newcastle will find their lack of squad depth will punish them when the going gets tough re Champs League & EPL & FA Cup & the usual backlog of postponed games!

Chelsea may have a splash but I am picking that it is too soon for their spending to come together this season - more of a threat next year.

:)