• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* EPL and Nationalwide competitions thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Erm, weren't they above you when his ban started though?

That has to be the most blinkered view yet.

The man cheated and got banned - had they not delayed it so much, he'd not have been banned for so long IMO, and the ban would've started a lot earlier.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
First off, not sure. If they were, it was a point or two at most.

Secondly, yes, we don't deserve to win the title. But we would, if it wasn't for his stupidity.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If the "team" were any good they'd either have the cover or have bought someone.

Results have shown the cover isn't good enough.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
ARSENAL 5-0 LEEDS

PIRES 1,HENRY 4 (1pen.)

10th Arsenal Player to score more than 3 goals in a game at Highbury.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
First to score consecutive hat-tricks there for God knows how long.

29 prem goals in 32 games.

And Manure fans still think the horse is better?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:

29 prem goals in 32 games.

And Manure fans still think the horse is better?
I'll go as far as saying (ok, I stole this from the Derby County mailing list) that Thierry Henry is the best forward (or in the best form) in the English game for 30 years.

There's a few who have come close in recent years - Shearer's form during one season at Blackburn, Lineker over a couple of seasons - but Henry is a totally different type of player. His work rate is astounding, he scores from anywhere from 5 to 35 yards, he has an astonishing turn of speed (the three goals when bursting between defenders last night were all because of this) and a supreme arrogance to try the instinctive or downright mischievous - witness the penalty.

The last player I can recall with all those attributes was another Arsenal player who went to Derby for a while - Charlie George.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
I don't know if you remember, but there was a 0-0 with the Toon between the hat-tricks.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, and Highbury is not in Newcastle, which is what I was referring to.

Interesting game down at Pompey going on, leave a few players out and replace with dross and look what happens.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
How fantastic, Exeter have chosen the best time possible for their form to vanish.

Now we need Barnet not to win at home to Leigh whilst we beat Accrington. Morecambe (despite being the worst team I've seen this year, and having lost 4-0 and 3-0 against City) can still make it too.

It's not over until the Maths is impossible..

Craig

World Traveller
Cloete said:
Yes you are cruel... prmoting manure victories in our faces like that.... Craig's right on Carlos Quirez, I mean what the hell is wrong with him?? There's two teams full of attacking players you could find at Real and a youth team of defenders. I hope he does get bloody sacked. But to be fair Beckham has done alot more than i expected, alot of assists for sure.

As for the CL, I hope it's a Depor v Monaco final, because chelsea is as bad as manure. They had to go and get Robben then not bloody play him, Parker, Veron, Makelele etc. etc Don't even mention the strikers!! They packed their team with stars and now I hope they lose miserabley. Deport have to be the most consistent team in Eurpe(Well one of them in the latter years), despite never making it past teh QF's until no, almost every year before they made it to Group Phase 2 and the QF's. Monaco are teh ebst under-dogs in teh comptetition and have proved it by getting this far, wouldn't mind seeing Porto or Depor but it HAS to be Monaco.

thoughts?
I would love to see Monaco win it. Didier Deschamps is a very good manager (being linked as manager for next season at Juventus - his former club where he won a CL), plus two very good strikers in Morientes, Prso.

Actually look put for a move by Prso to either Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Middlesbrough. You heard ir here first.

Dont rule out Fulham making a move but that is unlikely.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
I don't think you can solely blame him - the delay is definiteily the club's fault.
On the flip side I have critism of Fergie and Ferdinand for not starting his suspension I think until the appeal process began (if my memorey serves me correct).

Re: Henry, the same Henry that went missing for Arsenal in the FA Cup and the CL Quarter Final 2nd leg? And what is his record like for France at major tournaments (ie Euro Championships and World Cups)?

I'm not saying RVN is better, IMO Shevchenko of Milan is the world's best forward.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Actually look put for a move by Prso to either Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Middlesbrough. You heard ir here first.
Actually I read it in the press over here about 6 weeks ago!

He's out of contract in June.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Re: Henry, the same Henry that went missing for Arsenal in the FA Cup and the CL Quarter Final 2nd leg? And what is his record like for France at major tournaments (ie Euro Championships and World Cups)?
His record is actually quite good in all competitive games.

He also happens to be scoring for fun in England and will be the main reason France win this summer.

Craig

World Traveller
My French line-up (4-4-2)

Frey

Thuram-Gallas-Desailly/Mexes-Silvestre

Dacourt-Vieria-Zidane-Pires

Henry-Trezequet (sp)