• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* EPL and Nationalwide competitions thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
Just say the line is the batsmans, and any fielders body on the line or behind the line during the catch is not out....
And how do you propose judging this from the middle, or do you call on the 3rd umpire?!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
So you dont think Van Buyten isnt any good?

He was Marsielle's leading goal scorer last season.
From all reports I've heard, he is good.

My point is, if a side as poor as Man Citeh can get in a player of his class to boost their defence (and do it on loan), than Manure have no excuses for not strengthening to cover their one good defender.

Craig

World Traveller
I hope he doesnt flop like Roque Junior.

I had high hopes he would do well for Leeds, but now he is at Siena.

I suppose just because you come from a big name club, doesnt mean you are any good.

Craig

World Traveller
Leeds take on Man Ure and with Viduka and Robinson suspended I dont see how Leeds can win.

I'm looking forward to seeing Scott Carson play.

Craig

World Traveller
Not a good week for Man U. Drew 1-1 to Leeds, lost 2-1 with Porto with Roy Keane getting sent off and now drawing 1-1 with Fulham.

Chelski go into second spot on goal difference with their win over Man Citeh.

Chelski and Man u fans will hoping Thierry Henry smashes his knee in. Reyes will be better when he learns English.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's not just Henry though.

The likes of Pires, Vieira, Bergkamp and even Edu are on fire.

Manure aren't even looking like playing well, and will struggle to finish in the top 2 IMO, meaning barring the miracle of winning the CL, they'll be qualifying for the CL next year (and still in need of defenders!)

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
It's not just Henry though.

The likes of Pires, Vieira, Bergkamp and even Edu are on fire.

Manure aren't even looking like playing well, and will struggle to finish in the top 2 IMO, meaning barring the miracle of winning the CL, they'll be qualifying for the CL next year (and still in need of defenders!)
Lol. I think the problem in getting any good defenders is that they are all cup tied in the transfer window.

Citeh were out of the UEFA Cup, that was the easy part in getting Van Buyten.

Craig

World Traveller
I would of given them Nicky Butt and/or Diego Forlan in return for Southgate.

Forlan would star at Middlesbrough. Well he would play more at 'boro then he does at United.

Craig

World Traveller
But no UEFA Champions League for Arsenal.

And with Chelsea winning, they stay second.

If Leeds dont go down there has to be some match fixing going on.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It has not been a good year or two for either me or Derby County, so when the opportunity arises, I grasp it with both hands.

Now IS that moment, the moment when I can take some serious mickey out of the red scum from the other end of the A52. Even if the next hour goes sour, you cannot deprive me of this moment.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derby County 3 Nottingham Forest 0

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Up yours, red scum.

We hate Forest. We hate Forest. We hate Forest.

I feel much better now.

As I type this, Forest score to make it 3-1. Still feels good, but........