• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* EPL and Nationalwide competitions thread

Craig

World Traveller
Middlesbrough 3 Man Ure 2 :D :D

Chelski (55 points) one point behind Man U (56 points).

If Ar$enal lose to Chelsea when they play in a few weeks time, Chelski can win, if they dont beat Ar$enal, then their season is over as they wont win.

Langeveldt

Soutie
halsey said:
Meh, I take 4 words.

The crappiest rule ever.

Can someone elaborate on this rule for the uninformed part time footie fan??

And I can think of a cricket rule which is instantly more stupid...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I can't.

The new rule means that players standing in offside positions and confusing defenders aren't offside.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
halsey said:
But you are right, and I have no clue why he is playing left back.
Because Manure don't actually have any good defenders any more, and failure to get at least one decent CB (if Citeh can sign Van Beuten then there's no excuse) will cost them dearly.

Still I got 5-2 on the Arsenal before the season, so am mightily pleased!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
I can't.

The new rule means that players standing in offside positions and confusing defenders aren't offside.

Nothing is more stupid than the third umpire rulings for "did the fielder touch the rope or didnt he"

Paint a sodding line on the boundary, if the ball crosses it, its 4.... simplifies everything... Anyway thats another topic..

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Because Manure don't actually have any good defenders any more, and failure to get at least one decent CB (if Citeh can sign Van Beuten then there's no excuse) will cost them dearly.

Still I got 5-2 on the Arsenal before the season, so am mightily pleased!
So you dont think Van Buyten isnt any good?

He was Marsielle's leading goal scorer last season.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Then its a six..
The point was "did it cross the line totally" - won't eliminate controversy.

And what about someone catching the ball the other side of the line?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
The point was "did it cross the line totally" - won't eliminate controversy.

And what about someone catching the ball the other side of the line?

Just say the line is the batsmans, and any fielders body on the line or behind the line during the catch is not out....