• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Darts Thread

Ali TT

International Debutant
Did he get his passport from the same guys that gave those "young" Pakistanis their passports in the 1990s? Bloke looks like he's been through two divorces.
He's worked very hard on developing his prime darts physique, I'll have you know.
He reminds me of when Rashid Khan first broke onto the scene as a "teenager".

Could probably get a gig for the Cameroon u21 side as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He's quite possibly the first professional sportsman I'm (biologically at least) old enough to be the grandfather of.

Sigh.

Although ironically I probably look younger than he does. Tough paper rounds in Warrington, eh?

Niall

International Coach
STAND UP IF YOU LOVE THE DARTS STAND UP IF YOU LOVE THE DARTS STAND UP IF YOU LOVE THE DARTS
YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

Surely their comes a moment in time when the crowd gets bored of these chants?

Molehill

International Captain
STAND UP IF YOU LOVE THE DARTS STAND UP IF YOU LOVE THE DARTS STAND UP IF YOU LOVE THE DARTS
YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

Surely their comes a moment in time when the crowd gets bored of these chants?
Yeah, you'd think the Toure chants would've died out by now. But clearly 5 pints down and it's a must.

I've been watching more of it than usual as Humphries is a product of my local darts circuit (which I have nothing to do with I should point out, but you know, local lad and all). It looks like it should be an all Luke final.

Littler reminds me a bit of when Raducanu won the US Open, came in largely unknown and then no one ever really posed a proper challenge. I hope (and expect) his career progresses somewhat better than hers.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Haven't watched darts in years but it's difficult not to notice this young lad making all the headlines at present (although he looks older than he is).

Good luck to him. Sounds like he puts a lot of hard work into his game.

Niall

International Coach
Littler 3-1 up so far in his semi final.

Looking quite confident.
I know Humphries is elite but not sure even he will be able to live with this standard of darts, just remarkable.

Last edited:

Aidan11

Littler wins.

Wasn't even close. This lad is too cool for school. He still has to go to school though.

Molehill

International Captain
I know Humphries is elite but not sure even he will be able to live with this standard of darts, just remarkable.
Humphries then showed that he certainly can. The bookies have Humphries as a marginal favourite, but it's tough to call. Littler has been at a high level throughout the tournament, but Humphries was ropey to start, got some luck but has undoubtedly peaked at the right time. Think I'd lean towards his experience mainly because so far we've not see how Littler reacts under pressure yet, and I suspect he will be put under a lot tonight.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Did he get his passport from the same guys that gave those "young" Pakistanis their passports in the 1990s? Bloke looks like he's been through two divorces.
A Luke Neil Littler is on the register of births as born in 2nd quarter 2006. Coincidence?? 16 or almost 18?
Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 21.24.13.png

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 21.22.25.png

Aidan11

What a turnaround. Humphries wins 4 sets on the trot to lead 6-4 and just needs one more set for victory.

Is Littler done or are there more twists in this final?

Ali TT

International Debutant
It's Cool Hand rather than The Nuke. Absolutely stormed through those last 5 sets. Littler missed a dart for 5-2 and it rattled him.

Aidan11

Humphries wins.

Unlucky for Littler but his bank balance will be quite healthy now. He'll be back.