• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Darts Thread

andmark

International Captain
How does MVG stay motivated? He's clearly the best in the world to the extent that it's a shock if he doesn't win any tournament he's in. **** it, if you were to ignore context, he might be the best darts thrower of all time. Is it a thing of doing it for a good pension or does he simply still enjoy it? A mix of both I'm inclined to think, but it's impressive that he can stay motivated without serious competition.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You say that but that was only his 3rd World title which is quite low for someone of his ability.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah, that's a point, but ir must get boring at times winning matches he must know he'll almost certainly win. I guess he might be trying to catch up to RVB and Bristow in terms of world titles.

andmark

International Captain
Well MVG does have an aim to work towards. At least eight world titles and an annual call with the Dutch PM apparently.

andmark

International Captain
Gerwyn Price getting close to saying "I'm not here to make friends"- a phrase which singles out the speaker as a complete and utter helmet.

andmark

International Captain
Andmark steps up to the oche. Treble twenty. He's happy with that dart but it is only one good dart he accepts. Another treble twenty! He's excited now and can barely hold in the nerves. He throws the last dart. It's hit the markers. It's in the treble bed. He's scored ONE HUNDRED AND twenty three...

andmark

International Captain
Barney :(

Darin Young's reaction was poor. **** off mate, everyone misspells your name or thinks you're a wrestler.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Lots of publicity around Fallon Sherrock reaching the third round (so far). I don't think there's any particularly reason why a woman can't be as good at darts as a man.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I had a conversation with a consultant orthopaedic surgeon and she explained to me that women could never be as good as men at darts and snooker because there is a slight difference in the way female elbows work to the ways men's do - slightly embarrassed to say I was completely taken in at the time as indeed I was until now

D/L

U19 Captain
On any given day, there's certainly no reason why a very good and on form lady darts player should not defeat a chap. I'd be surprised if it became a frequent occurrence, though.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Shocked to see the death of Kyle Anderson aged 33. No cause of death released yet. He was diabetic and had Covid last year but I don’t know if either is a factor.

Niall

International Coach
Crikey so young.

Bobby George was on talking Pints with Nigel Farage if you are into that sort of thing LT.?

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Sad to see that Mike Gregory has passed away. He was a bit of a nearly man in terms of performance and personality, but a major part of the halcyon days of the Bristow/Lowe era and on through to the early Taylor days.

RIP