• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Darts Thread

andmark

International Captain
In my dads defence, Taylor has a rather different style of throwing to many, he almost punches the darts into the board rather than flights them in, the trajectory of his shots is a lot straighter than others. Being short his darts almost fly upwards to the 20 rather than coming down to land in it. It also took him a while to hit his stride, and he wasn't a popular player early on in that Bristow was effectively bankrolling his career whereas others - like my dad - were trying to balance playing darts with a full time job.
Taylor's darts always look perfectly horizontal on the board, when you'd expect that throwing upwards would cause the darts to also then point upwards. I guess it's just the lightness he throws them with

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thought Gary had well and truly ****ed it after he said "it's finished" when he was 6-4 up, what a bellend. Well played anyway.

cpr

International Coach
Breaking from convention and posting in this thread outside of January.... But Adams has confirmed he'll play in the World Championship of Darts this year - First time he'll face PDC players since just after the split IIRC.

Got a feeling he'll be tanned.....

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I find it impossible to even care about the current World Championship. The standards are higher than ever but the players are either boring as hell or have phoney contrived personalities.

Niall

International Coach
Van Gerwan gone.

Amazing match, hopefully Barney or anybody not Taylor wins it now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Holy **** that's a big upset. I guess he almost lost to that qualifier guy earlier in the tournament yeah?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I played darts last night after 8 pints and it took me about 45 arrows to land the double needed to get started

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
OH MYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy

What a come back from Klaasen. He was dead in that last set.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Phil Taylor blaming his marriage break up for his poor performance and he'll be back to his best next year. It's amazing how the great ones can never accept that they're no longer the best.

cpr

International Coach
He was making that point before he got beat though, understandble that its playing on his mind a bit.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Was delighted to see Taylor bumped out. Bloke is a total bellend. Jelle pulling it out of the fire to see him off was just so satisfying.

Not going to happen, but I hope Peter Wright wins now.