• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Association Football Draft

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All the other sports are having one....

I propose 1986 - Present due to '86 being a World Cup year.

All those wanting in, pipe up.

Matteh

Think i will limit to 12 as it gets far too boring waiting ages for your next pick otherwise.

In:
Matteh
The Sean
Michaelf7777777
Sledger
Clapo
Haakon
Marc
Uppercut
Brumby
Marcuss
Corrin
Simon

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'll have a go, but 86 seems a bit random. What about Premiership players only? Or failing that, from 66 onwards.

Jarquis

In, agree with Brumby's point about Premiership years myself. Happy with 86 though.

Matteh

Chose 86 because the AFL/Rugby ones were 1987 and 86 made more sense so we could include stars of that World Cup. For example, a good Maradona not the one that was done for drugs in 94 or was average in Italia 90.

The late 80s is about right given the average age of the forum for most people to have seen or know of a large amount of players.

I'd be tempted by Premiership players only, but that would rule out Chris Greenacre.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Are there any requirements or restrictions on formation or positions, or can we just pick any player for any position from 1986-onwards?

Matteh

Reasonable formations. Noone's going to begrudge a 3-5-2 but 2-3-5 is stretching it somewhat.

Matteh

We have our 12. Any player from 1986 - Present available.

Standard 12 hours to tip in before it gets passed on.

Draft Order:

Uppercut
Matteh
Haakon
The Sean
Michaelf7777777
Marc
Corrin
Sledger
Simon
Marcuss
Brumby