Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** Rugby League Four Nations Tournament

Why didnít the Aussie who went off with a ****ed up shoulder use his arms? Just asking for it. Not a fan of league but love watch Aus play, that Thurston is a freak and appears to be a better kicker than any Aussie playing union. Aus look like they can score at will.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Why didnít the Aussie who went off with a ****ed up shoulder use his arms?
    It was Slater. Can't tackle.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    FFS. Why would you risk a 40/20 from a 20 metre restart?

Disappointing attempt at a tackle from Heighington too.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Another good finish from Hall. 8-12 doesn't flatter England. Tomkins value when he moves to union is sky rocketing too; lovely offload to Read to make the try.

Chase has looked dangerous at times but I'll stand rooting if he's a halfback. England really need some more control and structure out there; move Chase to five-eighth, Sinfield to lock and put Widdop at half.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Chase has looked dangerous at times but I'll stand rooting if he's a halfback. England really need some more control and structure out there; move Chase to five-eighth, Sinfield to lock and put Widdop at half.
    Thought Widdop was usually used at stand off by the Storm? Has he ever played halfback?

Man, Williams mullering Heighington doesn't get better on repeated viewings. Smashed him outta the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Thought Widdop was usually used at stand off by the Storm? Has he ever played halfback?

Man, Williams mullering Heighington doesn't get better on repeated viewings. Smashed him outta the way.
    He's filled in for Cronk a few times. He's actually been primarily a fullback for most of his junior career and has been a five-eighth for most of his NRL career (due to Slater really) but knowing his game I'm confident he'd do a much better job of composing and structuring this side than Chase. England definitely look dangerous in attack and the forward pack, as ever, is holding its own but they're still lacking a composed conductor.

Watching this lot go around actually makes me feel a bit for players like Deacon as I reckon he'd have had a much better international career if he had this sort of creative strikepower outside him.

Bloody hell. Ref's giving us nothing.

Lovely take from Reed there. No real distance on Sinfield's kick, but a great grab from the big Bronco. 14-24. Hmm.

Again another Kiwi ref completely out of his league, one of the worst reffed matches I've seen in a long time.
    How Briscoe's try wasn't given I don't know especially when all he had to do was go to the video ref. You can except ref's making occasional mistakes but to not follow game procedure and go upstairs to video ref is criminal.

Williams tackle on Westwood should have been off but he bottled it, how the **** is putting it on report going to benefit England.
    All the way through the second half he gave us nothing and he seemed to get a hard on about Westwood and penalise him for god knows what, like the tackle on Thaiday he got pinged for who knows what.

Thought McNamara made the wrong call leaving Carvell off the bench especially when we lost Graham and Ellis during the game. Chase was a bit of a liability and although he had a good year in SL, apart from the obvious reason he shouldn't be playing, I'd personally would have picked Brough playing along side Widdop, who's also a much better defender than Chase, at times he's a straight revolving door. His decision to go for touch on a 20mtr drop out resulting in a try for Australia, was piss poor.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 05-11-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Thurston is a freak and appears to be a better kicker than any Aussie playing union.
    There are several Australian League players that fall into that category tbf.

Just watching the Wales game, actually reasonably impressive itbt. Kiwis aren't looking that flash, but Wales are holding their own here. A rung below to be certain but not as far as I expected.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Reed was fantastic for England last night. It's a shame they didn't go to his side more often. The fullback (can't remember his name) should get NRL interest pretty soon, he's a fantastic player.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Also, I'm Australian through-and-through, but watching Watmough makes me want to barrack for the opposition. He is easily now my most hated player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    The fullback (can't remember his name) should get NRL interest pretty soon, he's a fantastic player.
    Tomkins. His work for the second try was brilliant.

Yeah can see why the Poms are ticked off here. Williams tackle was a textbook send off, shocking piece of play. The double movement no-try deserved to go upstairs at worst.

Still the better team won IMO

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Is MoiMoi (spelling?) out for the next game.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information