• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Rugby League Four Nations Tournament

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why didn’t the Aussie who went off with a ****ed up shoulder use his arms? Just asking for it. Not a fan of league but love watch Aus play, that Thurston is a freak and appears to be a better kicker than any Aussie playing union. Aus look like they can score at will.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FFS. Why would you risk a 40/20 from a 20 metre restart?

Disappointing attempt at a tackle from Heighington too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another good finish from Hall. 8-12 doesn't flatter England. Tomkins value when he moves to union is sky rocketing too; lovely offload to Read to make the try.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chase has looked dangerous at times but I'll stand rooting if he's a halfback. England really need some more control and structure out there; move Chase to five-eighth, Sinfield to lock and put Widdop at half.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Chase has looked dangerous at times but I'll stand rooting if he's a halfback. England really need some more control and structure out there; move Chase to five-eighth, Sinfield to lock and put Widdop at half.
Thought Widdop was usually used at stand off by the Storm? Has he ever played halfback?

Man, Williams mullering Heighington doesn't get better on repeated viewings. Smashed him outta the way.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thought Widdop was usually used at stand off by the Storm? Has he ever played halfback?

Man, Williams mullering Heighington doesn't get better on repeated viewings. Smashed him outta the way.
He's filled in for Cronk a few times. He's actually been primarily a fullback for most of his junior career and has been a five-eighth for most of his NRL career (due to Slater really) but knowing his game I'm confident he'd do a much better job of composing and structuring this side than Chase. England definitely look dangerous in attack and the forward pack, as ever, is holding its own but they're still lacking a composed conductor.

Watching this lot go around actually makes me feel a bit for players like Deacon as I reckon he'd have had a much better international career if he had this sort of creative strikepower outside him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lovely take from Reed there. No real distance on Sinfield's kick, but a great grab from the big Bronco. 14-24. Hmm.

Jacknife

International Captain
Again another Kiwi ref completely out of his league, one of the worst reffed matches I've seen in a long time.
How Briscoe's try wasn't given I don't know especially when all he had to do was go to the video ref. You can except ref's making occasional mistakes but to not follow game procedure and go upstairs to video ref is criminal.

Williams tackle on Westwood should have been off but he bottled it, how the **** is putting it on report going to benefit England.
All the way through the second half he gave us nothing and he seemed to get a hard on about Westwood and penalise him for god knows what, like the tackle on Thaiday he got pinged for who knows what.

Thought McNamara made the wrong call leaving Carvell off the bench especially when we lost Graham and Ellis during the game. Chase was a bit of a liability and although he had a good year in SL, apart from the obvious reason he shouldn't be playing, I'd personally would have picked Brough playing along side Widdop, who's also a much better defender than Chase, at times he's a straight revolving door. His decision to go for touch on a 20mtr drop out resulting in a try for Australia, was piss poor.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Thurston is a freak and appears to be a better kicker than any Aussie playing union.
There are several Australian League players that fall into that category tbf.

Just watching the Wales game, actually reasonably impressive itbt. Kiwis aren't looking that flash, but Wales are holding their own here. A rung below to be certain but not as far as I expected.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reed was fantastic for England last night. It's a shame they didn't go to his side more often. The fullback (can't remember his name) should get NRL interest pretty soon, he's a fantastic player.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, I'm Australian through-and-through, but watching Watmough makes me want to barrack for the opposition. He is easily now my most hated player.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
The fullback (can't remember his name) should get NRL interest pretty soon, he's a fantastic player.
Tomkins. His work for the second try was brilliant.

Yeah can see why the Poms are ticked off here. Williams tackle was a textbook send off, shocking piece of play. The double movement no-try deserved to go upstairs at worst.

Still the better team won IMO ;)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tomkins. His work for the second try was brilliant.

Yeah can see why the Poms are ticked off here. Williams tackle was a textbook send off, shocking piece of play. The double movement no-try deserved to go upstairs at worst.

Still the better team won IMO ;)
Yeah, wouldn't disgree with that, but we still got the rough end of the pineapple. Outcome almost certainly wasn't affected tho.

It's probably a sign of how far my expectations have been lowered, but thought we sort of did ok on the whole. Wouldn't be massively shocked if we turned the Kiwis over.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Big test for the Lions tonight. The improvements last week will count for naught if we can't put the Kiwis away.

Bet Chase gets loads from his erstwhile countrymen. Apparently he was named in the NZ provisional squad for the tournament too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
First try to the home side. Strong suspicion of a forward pass from Yeaman to set up Briscoe, but we're probably due a bit of luck. Sinfield slots the extras: 6-0.

Jacknife

International Captain
How the **** the Kiwi's have 13 men on the field is a mystery, the ref has bottled it again, that **** house Luke should have been off, the ref even said to him he purposely tried to injure a player, hello, he has to go for that ref.
Decent half of RL by England but should be at least another try up, hopefully the amount of possession will be off in the second half.
The Kiwi's in that first half don't seem to have come to play RL that's for sure.

Nice start from the boys, good finish from Hall.

How many times has Sam been hit with high shots this match.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Try from forward pass.
Try from 2on1 strip.

About a million incorrect plays of the ball.

A couple of dirty mongrels.

Awesome sport, this international league..... :sleep: