• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Rugby League Four Nations Tournament

lachlan43

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Or Gasnier and Langlands. Then again it's not exactly the first-choice either.

What was that version of the Haka that the Kiwis produced? Not like anything I've ever seen.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Or Gasnier and Langlands. Then again it's not exactly the first-choice either.

What was that version of the Haka that the Kiwis produced? Not like anything I've ever seen.
The Aussie players have been very respectful of the haka - which is nice. Comments included a debutant saying he was looking forward to facing it and expecting his hairs to stand up. Good show I say.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lawrence and Tate as a centre combination for Australia.

FMD. Not exactly Cronin and Rogers or Kenny and Miles, is it?
Both scored tries, and Tate was one of the best players on the field last night.

FMD when Marshall is on song it is so great to watch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lawrence and Tate as a centre combination for Australia.

FMD. Not exactly Cronin and Rogers or Kenny and Miles, is it?
Meh at least Tate can tackle. I'd take him over Hodges in a rep game every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
A few quotes from this article: Rowdy crowd mars Eden Park rugby league test | Stuff.co.nz
"From the outset, the Kangaroos, who won the test 34-20, were left in no two minds about how welcome they were when a spate of the 44,000 in attendance booed during their national anthem."
"Adding to the chaos was the fact that midway through the first half, a streaker managed to evade security guards and run on to the field while play was live."
"Also of concern was the fact that rowdy fans attempted to throw bottles at the Australian players."
"It's understood the police made 29 arrests at Eden Park last night."

Firstly thats a disgrace for the NZ crowd to boo the Australian national anthem; I've so much respect for those countries that pay tribute with all but silence to other sides' anthems (and indeed those countries that don't try and sing Land of Hope and Glory over the haka...). But the biggest issue is the security aspect, remembering that Eden Park's going to be hosting the RWC final next year (amongst other important matches) with a capacity crowd (last night was only 44,000) and certainly more at stake.

ripper868

International Coach
A few quotes from this article: Rowdy crowd mars Eden Park rugby league test | Stuff.co.nz
"From the outset, the Kangaroos, who won the test 34-20, were left in no two minds about how welcome they were when a spate of the 44,000 in attendance booed during their national anthem."
"Adding to the chaos was the fact that midway through the first half, a streaker managed to evade security guards and run on to the field while play was live."
"Also of concern was the fact that rowdy fans attempted to throw bottles at the Australian players."
"It's understood the police made 29 arrests at Eden Park last night."

Firstly thats a disgrace for the NZ crowd to boo the Australian national anthem; I've so much respect for those countries that pay tribute with all but silence to other sides' anthems (and indeed those countries that don't try and sing Land of Hope and Glory over the haka...). But the biggest issue is the security aspect, remembering that Eden Park's going to be hosting the RWC final next year (amongst other important matches) with a capacity crowd (last night was only 44,000) and certainly more at stake.
League and Union Crowds...not built the same. Can't recall any occasion during a bledisloe where the aussie anthem has been booed/jeered etc.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed, and I suppose it didn't help that the amount of alcohol consumed was more than a regular rugby test given the match was a double-header. I raise the issue though given several kick-offs for the RWC are extremely late (around 9pm NZT I believe) and I just fear that a similar debacle to that on the weekend is hardly going to be a good look for the country with the whole world watching.

Craig

World Traveller
The Australian anthem is played before the Melbourne Storm play their home game (about 15 minutes before kick off), it wouldn't surprise me if the Kiwi one is played before the Warriors play at Mt Smart Stadium.

ripper868

International Coach
The issue was general crowd aggression, throwing bottles etc
Again, something never cited at a Bledisloe game (that i know of).

The other issue was also the jeering during the national anthem, which gave an idea early on that crowd was full of ****s.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This sort of thing never happens at Warriors games, so I'd say the problem was Union fans who wouldn't normally attend a league game
This. The culture of League would never see any untoward behaviour, on field or off. :ph34r:

ripper868

International Coach
Oh Dogs balls :ph34r:

Nah, crowd thing depends where you are generally. Unless it's soccer, them folks are just ****s innit

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yusss!!!! epic game. Benji should have passed earlier on the final play - lucky to score in the end.

James

Cricket Web Owner
What a game, great performance by the Kiwis and we're now World Cup and Four Nations Champions :)