• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Rugby League Four Nations Tournament

chalky

International Debutant
Sam Tompkins showing a bit of class in the 2nd half don't know if the Aussies have declared or not but I am quite enjoying this

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, didn't see the first half, but we looked vaguely competitive in the second half.
Poms had plenty of ball in the second half and made reasonable use of it.

Australia's lack of strength in the forwards is becoming a real concern imo. We're at least one prop light and the balance doesn't seem right to me. I personally don't see what Gallen adds off the bench, notwithstanding my pre-existing hatred of him. Thaiday unlucky there.

With Price out injured, they should have taken another prop - Poore or Weyman unlucky imo. We lose a lot of go forward when Petro and/ or Hannant are off the field.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This deserves a dig for 2 reasons.
1 - It's the final.
2 - England are leading 10-6 :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Still in it at HT, but gonna need something special to pull it back after the break. Pack holding its own, but we just don't have the cutting edge the Roos do. Eastmond (as featured in steds's sig) looks the man most likely to.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This was the first game I got to watch , was enjoyable as a contest up until the 60 minute mark. Was even more enjoyable to see the Poms mouths clamp firmly shut (no more talking it up in tackles) when that bloke got knocked out and we piled on 6 tries.

They played well though for the first 50-60 minutes, and that young guy who is coming out here to Australia next year looks like a good player.

Burgey

Was a really entertaining game until the 66th minute. Burgess is gun. What happened to Hodges?
Hodges lasted 10 minutes, like he so often does. Most over-rated footballer of the past 10 years (well, there is Paul Gallen as well).

howardj

International Coach
I love international footy

Need to play more of it in-season

The tri-nations really has potential

Craig

World Traveller
France disagrees. Pretty funny seeing Casey McGuire and Clint Greenshields playing for France.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hodges lasted 10 minutes, like he so often does. Most over-rated footballer of the past 10 years (well, there is Paul Gallen as well).
Gallen? He busts his gut week in, week out, awesome footballer who had a great game in the final.

Hodges, well I like him for the Broncos but yeah he's overrated, I was pushing for Jennings inclusion ahead of him.

Burgey

Gallen? He busts his gut week in, week out, awesome footballer who had a great game in the final.

Hodges, well I like him for the Broncos but yeah he's overrated, I was pushing for Jennings inclusion ahead of him.
Yeah, but so do 100 other blokes. He gets picked because he's "got mongrel", which in his case means "he takes shots at rookies and small blokes, usually cheap shots at that".

I admit I'm biased though - cannot stand the bloke.

Simon

Gallen is a tool no doubt, but he can play, same boat as Hodges really.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, but so do 100 other blokes. He gets picked because he's "got mongrel", which in his case means "he takes shots at rookies and small blokes, usually cheap shots at that".

I admit I'm biased though - cannot stand the bloke.
He gets picked because he makes 150m a game tbh.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The 2010 version kicks off on 23rd, but before that we face the Maori & NZ have a test v Samoa tomorrow.

All three of our NRL players get a gig, although it's maybe a bit of a stretch to call Widdop an NRL player given his lack of first grade gametime.

Mildly surprised to see Tahu named in the Maori XVII, ex Kangaroo (and briefly Wallaby) and all. Last time I heard he was busy withdrawing from the Blues' origin team after Johns's unfortunate comments about Inglis. That said the seemingly infinite flixibility of league's eligibility rules mean that nothing's that surprising.

Strong looking Samoan line up too, although one suspects all their line up is qualifed for the oppo as well. From The Guardian