Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: **Official** Rugby League Four Nations Tournament

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Thaiday's put in a shift tonight. Made the yards every time he's taken it up.

Faintly disturibing our best back has been an Aussie too. Reed's looked class.

EDIT: Stick a fork in her.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Final try for Lockyer. Fitting.

Better side has won, can't say much more.

Oh, bugger. The great man Don Fox's the conv.

22 points; stedly take a boo.

Breakout Champion!
    I should have put money on that.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Faintly disturibing our best back has been an Aussie too. Reed's looked class.
    It's the way to go. Just look at Trott, KP, Prior, etc.

He does look a bit special. Not impressed with Widdop, though. Don't really get to see any NRL, but I've seen nothing at all from him in, what is it now, 8/9 games (?) for England.
    Last edited by steds; 19-11-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    I should have put money on that.

It's the way to go. Just look at Trott, KP, Prior, etc.

He does look a bit special. Not impressed with Widdop, though. Don't really get to see any NRL, but I've seen nothing at all from him in, what is it now, 8/9 games (?) for England.
    Me neither, but inclined to agree. Lacks gas and not impressed with his game management either. PEWS has made encouraging noises about him, but I still reckon we picked him more because we could rather than anything else.

NRL back on Sky for 2012 tho, so hopefully see more of him.

Me neither, but inclined to agree. Lacks gas and not impressed with his game management either. PEWS has made encouraging noises about him, but I still reckon we picked him more because we could rather than anything else.

He's had a really funny role in the side so far; I don't think he's really going to add anything as a bench player. He's a quality player though.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He's had a really funny role in the side so far; I don't think he's really going to add anything as a bench player. He's a quality player though.
    He is a quality player and has been awesome for the Storm this year, it's just that McNamara hasn't used him properly while he's played for England. Bringing him off the bench with a few minutes to go is stupid, he should have been in the starting 13.

When are we going to learn that Sinfield is not a international No.6, time and time again he's been found wanting and tonight was no different. His kicking was really poor to say the least and he never managed to split the full back and winger on the last tackle, always kicking straight to the oppo is just ****e. Ball in hand he offers nothing and his control of the game just isn't up to it at this level.

Chase, why oh why did we pick him, he just goes missing too often and is crap in defense, just because he had a decent year with Cas doesn't mean we should have gone down this root, especially when he was wanting to play for the Kiwi's up to very recently. We should have picked Brough imo a much better player at srum half and who can actually defend, with a brilliant kicking game and imo with Widdop at stand off, they would have made England a far more dangerous outfit.

Definitely some positives to take from this tournament but tonight our big name players just didn't show up at all. Before the next comp we need to sort out our half back pairing and Yeaman and Briscoe are just not good enough, as well as the likes of Peacock and Morley have come to the end of their careers.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 19-11-2011 at 02:23 PM.

NRL has been on premier sport's all year, not bad value either. Like I've just said watching him play for the Storm this year there's no doubting he should have been picked, he had a brilliant season along side Cronk. McNamara just didn't utilize him properly and with the right partner England would have been much stronger imo than the Chase/Sinfield one.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 19-11-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Great to see Lockyer go out a winner (and a try scorer). Definitely wasn't his best game in the Green & Gold, but he still played very well. He will be sorely missed at all levels of football,mostly by his club

He has said he won't go into coaching, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Definitely doesn't have the voice for commentary.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    Definitely doesn't have the voice for commentary.
    Not going to disagree with this, but his voice sounds much much worse in the post match on field interviews. Once he gets his breath back he almost sounds human.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    From what I understand he is having an Op to have have his voice fixed. Just didn't do it while playing as a decent knock would mean the surgery pointless.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    On reflection, this was one of the better 4 nations of the past few seasons. Most probably because I knew some of the English players because they play NRL or are going to play NRL. England were a lot better this time around, and New Zealand were hampered by key injuries. Australia never had the feeling of dominance to me, but they never really looked out of games. I enjoyed that most games were competitive until the 60th minute, which is all you can ask for in an International game.

Oi Brumbles - This Tomkins fella who's playing for the Barbarians against the Wobs this weekend - what's his dealio? Crossing codes or just having a run for the fun of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Oi Brumbles - This Tomkins fella who's playing for the Barbarians against the Wobs this weekend - what's his dealio? Crossing codes or just having a run for the fun of it?
    When I first heard this I thought it was Joel Tompkins that was playing, who's just moved to Saracens from Wigan but it's Sam making a a one-off switch of codes to play for the Baa-Baas. Sam's just signed a big 5 year contract with Wigan so he isn't going anywhere but it's still strange.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 21-11-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Widdops worth persevering with for the Poms IMO. He's been awesome at times (carved us up at Penrith Park this year) and he's learning from the best players in the game. Needs a dominant playmaker alongside him at this point (dropped off noticeably when Cronk got injured this year) as he's still learning but he's got the brain and the instincts to dominate games himself in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    When I first heard this I thought it was Joel Tompkins that was playing, who's just moved to Saracens from Wigan but it's Sam making a a one-off switch of codes to play for the Baa-Baas. Sam's just signed a big 5 year contract with Wigan so he isn't going anywhere but it's still strange.
    Yeah I read your original comment and thought fair enough - then looked a bit closer and had a 'hang on' sort of moment.

Very odd that a player would be pulled into a team that has so much history and staure behind it for a one off - It is normal practice to always include an uncapped test player and one from the team they are playing - Odd they have gone with Tompkins. Wish him well though, be interesting to see where he lines up.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information