• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

howardj

International Coach
Also not sure about Preston Campbell coming back in for Zilly Zillman this week.

Zillman gives the Titans a bit of a much needed X Factor.

He's a dolphin in a sea of predictibility.

Julian87

State Captain
Also not sure about Preston Campbell coming back in for Zilly Zillman this week.

Zillman gives the Titans a bit of a much needed X Factor.

He's a dolphin in a sea of predictibility.
I'm guessing you're basing that on Zillman's game in week 1, which was his only really good performance all year tbf.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saints and Titans this weekend.

Wouldn't mind seeing either team win the comp.

Geez, St George is so methodical, so machine-like. They're like Melbourne - give you nothing, absolutely strangle you. I really think the Tigers need to get in front early and force St George to play outside their grinding, methodical bubble.

Nice touchy, feely, group hug interview last night from Gus with Bennett.
How was that interview? There's been no love lost there in the past, but I sus[ect they have a grudging respect for one another.

howardj

International Coach
The interview was good.

As you say, there was a real respect there especially from Gould to Bennett.

Gus said they then went and had lunch together (the interview was prerecorded) and got on great apparently.

Julian87

State Captain
Canberra, but I watch most games during the season. Don't have anything against Zillman, in fact I loved seeing him playing brilliantly in week one of the finals, but I'm doubting more and more that he will ever be a force in the NRL like he promised to be several seasons ago.

howardj

International Coach
My Long Bay moles say that there will be huge news in the coming fortnight RE betting scandal in rugby league. A very high profile scalp will be in hot water.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds like the Titans were really there to be beaten tonight. I don't think the Roosters next opponent will fall over the way their last two have done.

Gotta say looking forward to an all Sydney GF for once. Don't really like any of the teams left though. Saints probably the lesser of three evils, though really the only thing I have against the Tigers is the huge amount of hype surrounding them. As long as the Rooters don't take it out I won't complain.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whilst I get agree that the Benji hype is somewhat over the top, I honestly couldn't think of a "star" in the NRL who they should be hyping up less (if that makes sense?). From all i've ever noticed, he actually comes across as a reasonably humble/genuinely good guy. Quite unlike the likes of Thurston/Hayne/Slater etc. who seemingly have no redeeming features about them other than the fact that they're quite good rugby league players imo.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Whilst I get agree that the Benji hype is somewhat over the top, I honestly couldn't think of a "star" in the NRL who they should be hyping up less (if that makes sense?). From all i've ever noticed, he actually comes across as a reasonably humble/genuinely good guy. Quite unlike the likes of Thurston/Hayne/Slater etc. who seemingly have no redeeming features about them other than the fact that they're quite good rugby league players imo.
It's not just Benji himself, it's the Tigers in general. They've been hyped up to be this super team when they're not playing very well at all. It's less pronounced this year because they're actually going reasonably well, but they were getting the commentary love for being flashy when nothing was coming off but they were grinding out 16-14s (which is a redeeming quality all of its own). But even when they've been a butter soft spineless rabble in the past few years it's all been about how flashy they are and how they can win a game from anywhere.

Hate sport commentary. Ironic eh?

ripper868

International Coach
Was at the woosters titans game tonight...decent atmosphere but was amazed by the number of walkouts with 10 minutes to go...ftr this is my first league game in about 10 years where I've actually gone to the game, was good fun and all but i spent most of the time just catching up with my mates then actually watching the game...was pretty lacklustre spectacle all in all tbh. COurse this is all from my perspective, but yeah, found it quite meh tonight.

howardj

International Coach
Just caught the replay that I taped.

What a lame match.

Was nothing like a final.

But for the Roosters Tigers match, it's been a pretty underwhelming final series.