• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Storm vs Dragons
Roosters vs Broncos
Sharks vs Eels
Cowboys vs Titans
Raiders vs Wests Tigers
Warriors vs Sea Eagles
Knights vs Panthers
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Storm vs Dragons
Roosters vs Broncos
Sharks vs Eels
Cowboys vs Titans
Raiders vs Wests Tigers
Warriors vs Sea Eagles
Knights vs Panthers
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

A none-too-easy round imo.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Storm vs Dragons
Roosters vs Broncos
Sharks vs Eels
Cowboys vs Titans
Raiders vs Wests Tigers
Warriors vs Sea Eagles
Knights vs Panthers
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

howardj

International Coach
What peoples' thoughts on Alfie-gate?

For mine, by all means, stand the guy down until his court case.

However, a $3000 fine and a 6-12 month ban from driving (which is likely what he'll get for a high range offence) is enough punishment.

It shouldn't cost him his job as well.

Craig

World Traveller
Interesting that so many are tipping the Dragons. The Storm are the bookies favourite for the game, and that and Melbourne lead 16-6 in the HTH.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting that so many are tipping the Dragons. The Storm are the bookies favourite for the game, and that and Melbourne lead 16-6 in the HTH.
Dragons have been ruthless and knocked off two premiership rivals with efficiency, while Melbourne have ranged between decent and dire thus far despite being 3 from 3.

Simon

Ive tipped Dragons because IMO they are the best team in the comp and in most cases this season I'm throwing home ground advantage etc... out the window and just tipping the team I think is better.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Storm vs Dragons
Roosters vs Broncos
Sharks vs Eels
Cowboys vs Titans
Raiders vs Wests Tigers
Warriors vs Sea Eagles
Knights vs Panthers
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Storm vs Dragons
Roosters vs Broncos
Sharks vs Eels
Cowboys vs Titans
Raiders vs Wests Tigers
Warriors vs Sea Eagles
Knights vs Panthers
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Storm vs Dragons (not seen anything about the game but feel free to disregard)
Roosters vs Broncos
Sharks vs Eels
Cowboys vs Titans
Raiders vs Wests Tigers
Warriors vs Sea Eagles
Knights vs Panthers
Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs

howardj

International Coach
Hope Lockyer bats on for Qld.

For mine, playing professional football, at the top level...they're the best days of his life.

Why would you walk away?

You've got the rest of your life to do whatever else you want to do.

By contrast, as a professional sportsman, you have a ten year window.

You're a long time retired.

I'd be playing until it's out of my system, or until I wasn't worthy of a place.

Craig

World Traveller
Best team in the competition Simon? Looks St George will have to go up another level if they want to win the Premiership. But I won't gloat as that would make me a smug ****, and I can see why people tipped St George to get the win.

On a different topic, I'm looking forward for once to see Cronulla play tomorrow, mainly to see Tim Smith make his Sharks debut. I hope he plays well for Cronulla as they need somebody decent at halfback, and so Nine will cover their game and then Gus will blow his load over him (which is quite funny when he does it).

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim Smith killed it for Easts in the Qld Cup last week (although admittedly Central seemed to be awestruck and barely laid a hand on him)

Tonights game further proof that the Chooks need to lead by 30+ at halftime for me to feel that they're likely to win.

Simon

Best team in the competition Simon? Looks St George will have to go up another level if they want to win the Premiership. But I won't gloat as that would make me a smug ****, and I can see why people tipped St George to get the win.

On a different topic, I'm looking forward for once to see Cronulla play tomorrow, mainly to see Tim Smith make his Sharks debut. I hope he plays well for Cronulla as they need somebody decent at halfback, and so Nine will cover their game and then Gus will blow his load over him (which is quite funny when he does it).
I still believe that Dragons are the best team in the comp, we all know you don't win premierships in April, Storm did yesterday and they did play better than St George but I think that the Dragons team has premiership written all over them but they do need to play better than they did against Storm.

Simon

Hope Lockyer bats on for Qld.

For mine, playing professional football, at the top level...they're the best days of his life.

Why would you walk away?

You've got the rest of your life to do whatever else you want to do.

By contrast, as a professional sportsman, you have a ten year window.

You're a long time retired.

I'd be playing until it's out of my system, or until I wasn't worthy of a place.
Only problem with your argument is that currently Lockyer's form hardly warrants selection. I think he'll retire and its a good decision, what can he possibly have to gain or achieve by playing on.

howardj

International Coach
Only problem with your argument is that currently Lockyer's form hardly warrants selection. I think he'll retire and its a good decision, what can he possibly have to gain or achieve by playing on.
No half would look good playing in the Broncos side right now. Put him behind a decent forward pack and next to Thurston and Inglis, and see how he goes. It would be different if his presence at the Broncos was going to mean the difference between them bombing out, and making the top four. However, as it is, they're going to miss the finals whether he is there during Origin or not. Therefore, there is no upside in him pulling out of Origin.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought he was among the Broncos best last night, although admittedly I was only half watching the game. Put some good kicks in, definitely looked better than Wallace for mine. As HJ said it's hard to look good in the Broncos team atm.

I'd take Prince over him though.