• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Sharks have a pretty handy team since signing the likes of Morris and Kelly IMO.
Apart from Snowden, Douglas, Gallen and Tupou on occasions they have very little going for them. Barrett is going to be less interested than he was last season. Pretty much every team in the NRL has improved except for maybe a couple while they dont seem to have really changed that much, from what I heard they were pretty awful in the trials too and the commitment is lacking a bit, particularly with the rumours that Stuart is leaving at the end of the season.

The best case scenario for them this season is no off field dramas, their younger players get experience and they finish out of the bottom 3 or 4.

99*

International Debutant
Friday March 12
Broncos vs Cowboys
Eels vs Dragons

Saturday March 13
Bulldogs vs Knights
Panthers vs Raiders
Sharks vs Storm

Sunday March 14
Titans vs Warriors
Rabbitohs vs Roosters

Monday March 15
Wests Tigers vs Sea Eagles

howardj

International Coach
I think NRL on Fox makes it return tonight.

Best of all, it's no longer hosted by the insufferable Warren Smith.

Ryan Phelan is the new host.

Simon

I think NRL on Fox makes it return tonight.

Best of all, it's no longer hosted by the insufferable Warren Smith.

Ryan Phelan is the new host.
Warren Smith > Ryan Phelan.

Honestly don't get what people have against Smith, is a passionate bloke, loves the game and he and Daley bounce of each other pretty well.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Apart from Snowden, Douglas, Gallen and Tupou on occasions they have very little going for them. Barrett is going to be less interested than he was last season. Pretty much every team in the NRL has improved except for maybe a couple while they dont seem to have really changed that much, from what I heard they were pretty awful in the trials too and the commitment is lacking a bit, particularly with the rumours that Stuart is leaving at the end of the season.

The best case scenario for them this season is no off field dramas, their younger players get experience and they finish out of the bottom 3 or 4.
Not a bad start having 2 good front rowers and 2 good back rowers!

I like both Stapleton and Ferguson at the back and who's to say that Barrett will be less interested, I think he will be more interested this year. Some of the signings could go well, Morris, Cuthbertson, Cordoba, Collis are all quite experienced and a change of club could help them.

I don't think the Sharks are awesome or anything, just they could well be competitive.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Won't see NRL on Fox until tomorrow night, but I'm absolutely gutted Smith's not on it anymore. If he's been axed it's a terrible decision; he and Freeman made that show. Not even sure I'll watch it regularly this year if he doesn't make a return.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've set up a league on NRLceo.com

It is similar to the old VNRL, obviously not the same and is nowhere near as well run. However it does have a preseason draft and once a player is selected for a side they can't be taken by another side.

All the scoring info and other details are on the site - http://www.nrlceo.com

If you're interested in putting a team together the comp name is: Cricket Web NRL Challenge

Password is: dire

I've set it for 10 teams with a 5 team finals series.

I can also send an email invite if that's how you want to do it, just put your email in here.

Won't be the same as VNRL, but might be worth a shot.
Still looking for 7 teams. Obviously won't be enough time for a draft for round 1, so might reduce the team number depending on how many we have on Sunday. Will keep those interested updated.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Friday March 12
Broncos
Eels

Saturday March 13
Bulldogs
Panthers
Storm

Sunday March 14
Titans
Rabbitohs

Monday March 15
Sea Eagles

Burgey

Won't see NRL on Fox until tomorrow night, but I'm absolutely gutted Smith's not on it anymore. If he's been axed it's a terrible decision; he and Freeman made that show. Not even sure I'll watch it regularly this year if he doesn't make a return.
Not wanting to do a spoiler thingy to you mate, but it seems from watching it last night that the central theme this year is going to be the fact that Wendell Sailor has a fairly high opinion of himself. That's where all the banter seemed last night, though I admit I wasn't watching that closely.

Agree on the Close Talker though. Enjoy his banter, and I think he's a goodish caller of the game too.

And yes mate, it's official, he's been punted - just checked, was a story about it from early Feb - linked into this page from a Raiders' fan forum. Seems a lot of the followers think as we both do.

The Greenhouse • View topic - Warren Smith punted from NRL on Fox

Simon

Wendell is good value every now and then, but how many times do we need him to tell us how good he thought he was?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not wanting to do a spoiler thingy to you mate, but it seems from watching it last night that the central theme this year is going to be the fact that Wendell Sailor has a fairly high opinion of himself. That's where all the banter seemed last night, though I admit I wasn't watching that closely.

Agree on the Close Talker though. Enjoy his banter, and I think he's a goodish caller of the game too.

And yes mate, it's official, he's been punted - just checked, was a story about it from early Feb - linked into this page from a Raiders' fan forum. Seems a lot of the followers think as we both do.

The Greenhouse • View topic - Warren Smith punted from NRL on Fox
Saw it tonight. 'Meh' was the best way to describe it. They spent years trying to give that show some character and when they finally managed it, they axe the host. Madness. I'd send them an email if mine wasn't on ignore from all the complaints about their cricket coverage.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Friday March 12
Broncos vs Cowboys
Eels vs Dragons

Saturday March 13
Bulldogs vs Knights
Panthers vs Raiders
Sharks vs Storm

Sunday March 14
Titans vs Warriors
Rabbitohs vs Roosters