• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union Draft II

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
just a question, is the draft for players who have played all or the majority of their rugby post 87, or can someone have played most of their career outside of the period and still be considered on their entire career.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Surely, I'd imagine it'll be anyone who was playing rugby in 1987, which'd cover those whose careers began prior.

10. Dan Carter

Surprise surprise.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
just a question, is the draft for players who have played all or the majority of their rugby post 87, or can someone have played most of their career outside of the period and still be considered on their entire career.
I mentioned in my other post on page 1, "remember only players that featured in a test match from 1987 or later applicable." When they debuted is irrelevant; they could have played 1 test in 1987 and that'd fit the criteria.

Also no shock to see Carter, Fitzpatrick and Eales taken first up, they'd have to be in my top five had I drawn a higher spot.

Last edited:

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Oh would of been keen as. Ah well. Should be interesting to see who gets picked though. All solid picks so far.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok we'll add you as number twelve Ohtani's Jacket, but stop any late entries there as I think any more than 12 and the quality of players for everyone won't be sufficient.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets try and get this thing moving eh. ;)

1. Ripper868 - John Eales (#5)
2. 99* - Sean Fitzpatrick (#2)
3. Voltman - Daniel Carter (#10)
4. S.P.Fleming - Jonah Lomu (#11)
5. BoyBrumby - Michael Jones (#7)
6. Samuel_Vimes - Os du Randt (#1)
7. Matteh - David Campese (#11)
8. Somerset - Richie McCaw (#7)
9. Michaelf7777777
10. Pup Clarke
11. Francis
12. Ohtani's Jacket

Last edited:

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Ah David Campese, the man Bill McLaren and Tony Ward consider the greatest of all time. "The Maradonna, the Pele of international rugby all rolled into one." The best player in the world from 1991-92. An entertainer, a risk taker...

Superb choice old chap.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
If Michael Jones had slipped through I would've taken him but I'll go with fellow New Zealand openside Richie McCaw.

ripper868

International Coach
I may like David Campese (boy you CW people really remember everything I say don't you?), but I don't like him as much as ohtani's jacket, who considers him the greatest player he's ever seen.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/661499-post17.html

Oh he'll deny it now, but I knew him when he was unbiased.
Haha, I didn't rememeber it mate, was just having a look at the depths of GSF and saw it sitting there. I like Campo too and frankly you could crap on about near every player that will be picked in this draft, but i think that analyzing picks etc is best left to the end.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
OK it's been over 24 hours since the last pick. Perhaps the guy in charge of this thread should give Pup a go?