I was thinking about it the other day, some of the craziet brain snaps in world sport. Be it on the playing field, in training, an act of foul play or a player, coach, or official going on a rant or just losing the plot.
For mine some of them include:
- Eric Cantona karate kicking a Crystal Palace fan in the head.
- Roy Keane ending Alf-Inge Håland's career in one dangerous tackle.
- Iceskater Tonya Harding apparently arranging to get rival Nancy Kerrigan knee capped
- Real Madrid centre back Peope who got a 10 game ban after he got sent off in the match against Getafe. With a few minutes left on the clock and the score 2-2, Pepe brought down Javier Casquero of Getafe, and as the last man he was penalised and got a red card. So Peope took his frustration out on Casquero (who was on the ground) by kicking him on the shin and on the lower back (more like a rake). As the Getafe player's ran in, he proceeded to punch Casquero's team mate Juan Albin. After all that he decided to give the 4th referee a right spray. After all, and his team mate Gonzalo Higuain scored the winner, Pepe then decided to run out on the field to celebrate as he was walking off. He got 10 games because he plays for Real Madrid, I bet if it was somebody else, he would of got longer IMO.
- Cuba's Angel Valodia Matos who after being disqualified from the bronze medal match in the tae kwon do in the Beijing Olympics, went and kicked the referee in the face. Matos and his coach both got life bans.