• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Craziest brain snaps in sport

Craig

World Traveller
I was thinking about it the other day, some of the craziet brain snaps in world sport. Be it on the playing field, in training, an act of foul play or a player, coach, or official going on a rant or just losing the plot.

For mine some of them include:
  • Eric Cantona karate kicking a Crystal Palace fan in the head.
  • Roy Keane ending Alf-Inge Håland's career in one dangerous tackle.
  • Iceskater Tonya Harding apparently arranging to get rival Nancy Kerrigan knee capped
  • Real Madrid centre back Peope who got a 10 game ban after he got sent off in the match against Getafe. With a few minutes left on the clock and the score 2-2, Pepe brought down Javier Casquero of Getafe, and as the last man he was penalised and got a red card. So Peope took his frustration out on Casquero (who was on the ground) by kicking him on the shin and on the lower back (more like a rake). As the Getafe player's ran in, he proceeded to punch Casquero's team mate Juan Albin. After all that he decided to give the 4th referee a right spray. After all, and his team mate Gonzalo Higuain scored the winner, Pepe then decided to run out on the field to celebrate as he was walking off. He got 10 games because he plays for Real Madrid, I bet if it was somebody else, he would of got longer IMO.
  • Cuba's Angel Valodia Matos who after being disqualified from the bronze medal match in the tae kwon do in the Beijing Olympics, went and kicked the referee in the face. Matos and his coach both got life bans.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Great thread idea!

Matt Dunning - Rugby Union Prop kicking a field goal in the final 10-15 minutes when the Waratahs needed a couple of tries to make the Top 4 of the Super 12/14.

edit: from wiki
Matt Dunning is perhaps most famous for his drop goal in the 2003 Super 12 season. His team, the NSW Waratahs, needed a bonus point to make the finals. Since the Waratahs were playing with advantage, and needed one more try to gain the bonus point, Dunning decided to kick a drop goal, which he assumed would miss. This would result in the penalty being awarded, which would allow the ball to be kicked into touch and possibly a line-out drive that could lead to a try. Unfortunately, the kick hit its mark and sailed through the posts, much to his and his teammates' dismay.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta be honest, I don't think Keane's qualifies as there was (if his autobiography is to be believed) a fair degree of premeditation involved.

One I always remember is Temuri Ketsbaia booting the living hell out of an advertising hoarding after he scored for Newcastle versus Notlob (I think). IIRC he was irked at having been sub.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Great thread idea!

Matt Dunning - Rugby Union Prop kicking a field goal in the final 10-15 minutes when the Waratahs needed a couple of tries to make the Top 4 of the Super 12/14.

edit: from wiki
I remember that, it was priceless.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Billy Gallas's "sit down and cry" at Brum was a shocker &, although it's hard to level too much blame at a #11, Shaun Tait stepping about two foot outside his off-stump and allowing himself to be bowled in the 4th test of 2005 when our target was starting to get a bit ticklish wasn't too clever either.

Craig

World Traveller
I won't be forgetting the Bowyer - Dyer fight whilst playing for Newcastle v Aston Villa in 2005 anytime soon.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Kevin Keegan....

"I'd Luv it if they get beat, I'd Luv it!"

What a legend, one of the stupidest things I have ever seen, but I can't help but love Keegan, WAG.

Craig

World Traveller
Kevin Keegan....

"I'd Luv it if they get beat, I'd Luv it!"

What a legend, one of the stupidest things I have ever seen, but I can't help but love Keegan, WAG.
Or Bumble's "We flippin' murdered them" when they drew the Test against Zimbabwe.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Danny Williams 'KING HIT' on Mark O'Neill in front of the Tigers faithful at Leichardt Oval...