• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite players side

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Simply choose your favourite players you'd have represent you.

pattato FC -

GK - Petr Čech
RB - Lucas Neill
RCB - Jamie Carragher
LCB - Lúcio
LB - Glenn Johnson
RM - Joe Cole
RCM - Diego
LCM - Steven Gerrard
LM - MG Pedersen
RF - Fernando Torres
LF - Amauri

Reserves -
Reina
Sotirios Kyrgiakos
Xabi Alonso
Mark Bresciano
Steven Pienaar
Tim Cahill
Peter Crouch

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
In all my years of watching football:

GK - Schmeichel
RB - Zambrotta
CB - Adams
CB - Blanc
LB - Ash Cole
RCDM - Pirlo
LCDM - Keane
RWM - Beckham
LWM - Giggs
CAM - Zidane
ST - Henry

Reserves:

Bergkamp
RVN
Maldini
Stevie G
Rooney/Owen
Petit
Roberto Carlos

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Like aussie, I'm gonna go all-time

John Achterberg

Ryan Taylor
Dave Higgins
Clint Hill
Gareth Roberts

John Morrisey
Jason Koumas
Mark Rankine
Pat Nevin

Chris Greenacre
John Aldridge

No subs required as I would never take these players off

These are my faves to have worn the white shirt, an all-time XI would perhaps look a little different (I am sure I have posted a few round these parts in the past)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GK - Kevin Pilkington

DF - Alex Baptiste
DF - Bobby Hassell
DF - Warren Hackett

RM - Liam Lawrence
MF - Craig Disley
MF - Lee Williamson
LM - Wayne Corden

FW - Lee Peacock
FW - Chris Greenacre
FW - Richard Barker

Siiigh, i miss 2005.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GK Dionisis Chiotis
DL Taribo West
DC Tieme Klompe
DC Ibrahim Said
DR Teddy Lucic

MC Kim Kallstrom
MC Mark Kerr
MC Tonton Zola Moukoko

AMC Bruno

FC Cherno Samba
FC Maxim Tsigalko

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
As of right now:

GK: Shay Given

LB: Javier Garrido
CB: Richard Dunne
CB: Sylvain Distin
RB: Maicon

LM: Harry Kewell
CM: Steven Ireland
RM: Jefferson Farfan

LS: Nicolas Anelka
FW: James Beattie
RS: Mateja Kezman

Love myself some City players/Brazilian full-back/good looking men.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will have a go at this on a serious note.

GK: David Seaman

RB:
CD: Tony Adams
CD: Allesandro Nesta
LB: Paulo Maldini

RM: David Rocastle
CM: Patrick Vieira
CM: Andrea Pirlo
LM: Robert Pires

CF: Dennis Bergkamp
CF: Thierry Henry

cpr

International Coach
Players I watch out for at the moment

GK Tim Howard. In an era where theres no flamboyantly brilliant keepers in the prem (Given being the nearest), always keep an eye out for Tim, hugely undderrated keeper on his day

RB Rafael. The kid plays with such a young innocent expression, but one that says 'I'm going to take the **** out of you. Cant wait till him and his brother are regulars.

LB Patrice Evra. The guys nuts, and he bombs forward like no tomorrow, joy to behold

CB Phil Jagielka. Gotta support the local lad from Sale, did play at the same junior club as him, but he was playing for the adults 1st team because he was ****ing good. May have hit on his sister when drunk, if i'd known i might've tried harder

CB Nemanja Vidic. Waiting for the day he does actually get bored and kill someone. John Terry tries to look tough but just looks constipated. Vidic could stare Chuck Norris out.

RM Joe Cole. Nice to see an Englishman with the ability and balls to make defenders look like a ****

LM James Milner: Just to see if he ever ages, been playing in the prem since it started yet is still about 12. That and the fact there is just no left wingers who are English, so he's worth following. Was tempted to put Arshavin here, but saw enough of him on saturday thanks

CM Darren Fletcher. My new hero, looking for the insertion where they fitted Roy Keanes brain into him, Also fun to count the number of pirouettes he can do on the ball a match.

CM Tim Cahill. Because he's ace

FW. Wayne Rooney. How can I not love a guy who'd charge 80 yards back to hack a player down by the corner flag in the 89th minute when were leading 10-0, then swear at the ref for booking him

FW: Didier Drogba. I Hate him, doesnt stop me marvelling at him though

Simon

Misses out Mike Duff and Kennedy Bakiciogolu for mine.
Duff was there first but thought I needed more Swedish representation so Lucic got the call up. If I was going back as far as 99/00 then Asper would have had the GK spot.

cpr

International Coach
Favourite Utd players since the prem began (please note, that the official rewritten history of football, done by Richard Keyes, and edited in our favour by Clive Tyldesley, states that football began in 1992)

Gk Peter Schmeichel - Not gonna be Tiaibi is it.

RB: The Neviller G - Extra points for winding up Liverpool fans

LB Denis Irwin - Sheer legend

CB Gary Pallister - Extra points for heading 2 past David James in one game

CB Ronnie Johnsen - Just gutted I've had to finally forgive Owen for THAT tackle

RW David Beckham - Dont care about the poncyness, he was a genius

LW Ryan Giggs - Cant drive a car due to the fact he'd have to use his right foot on the accelerator, 90% sheer frustration, 10% brilliance. Holds the record for breaking the most opponents shins whilst trying to dribble

CM Roy Keane - Because he'd kill me otherwise

Support man: Eric Cantona - One of the few footballers who waited till he retired to start the acting.....

FW: Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Dont care if he never left the opposing penalty area (quite a harsh reputation, as anyone who remembers his goal against Fulham can tell), he got goals. Would've been made captain if he'd done what anyone else would've and smacked Keown

FW Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer. His should be the next statue outside Old Trafford, in the sliding celebration pose from '99. Also gets my vote for the cynical lunge on Rob Lee (i think it was) once, didnt even bother looking up for the card, all he cared about was he'd stopped the one on one and sure goal. Also 4 in 10 minutes has gotta be worth a vote, even if it was against a 74 year old Dave Beasant.

Subs

Raimond Van der Gouw - the greatest understudy we've had

John O'Shea - Not the greatest, but will play anywhere, bleed for the team and score important goals now and again. If only he'd go back to the Showboat O'Shea from his first season, where he megged every right back in the prem

Brian McClair - Childhood hero

Lee Sharpe - The thin version of 92, not the tubby fool off reality TV

Andy Cole - best instinctive striker i've seen, just ****ed it up whenever he was given the time to think about his shot, only one lobotomy away from superstardom

Simon

Loved Taribo West on that game, no matter who I was playing with he was the first signing, had him for both Real Madrid and Brentford.
Yeh was definitely a must get, could play either DL or DC and wasn't that worried about reputations of clubs etc.. would pretty much go anywhere.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GK:Jens Lehmann: Goddamn nutter. Wag, creaziest character and when he was on was an outstanding keeper.

RB: Bacary Sagna, was going to put Lauren in here for being a nut but Bac is just a better footballer and wag.

LB: Sylvinho, awesomest guy, scored one of my favourite goals of all time at Stamford Brige . Legend.

CB: Tony Adams, just pure brilliant

CB: Thomas Vermaelen. I think he kills people and fondly reminisces about it later. Guy is crazy.

CM: Cesc, love at first sight really. Can't get enough of him

CM: Vieira, nuff said

LM: Le Bob, my favourite ever footballer. The Portsmouth tumble was the stuff of dreams.

RM: Andrei Arshavin. Was tempted to put Super Fred in here but the thought of Arshavin and Pires in the same team is too good to be true. Wag, fat little Russian who's a world class footballer and who has the most incredible facial expressions known to man. What's not to love?

CF: Thierry Henry, just oozes class. Won us countless games with pieces of individual brilliance. Will never be replaced itbt.

CF: Bergkamp, no explanation needed tbh.