• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite players side

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
GK: Buffon
LB: Roberto Carlos
CB: Carragher
CB: Maldini
RB: Heydari
LM: Kewell
CM: Gerrard
CM: Karimi
RM: Figo
CF: Torres
CF: Henry

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Blah blah bumbaclathh. Fact is Cole remains to top quality LB for club & country. Only that matters, bullet...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Good idea.

GK - Schmeichel, absolute best bloke of all time without question.

RB - Neville, he hates Scousers.
LB - Irwin, legend.
CB - BRUUUUUCE!
CB - Stam, probably best defender we've had in my lifetime.

RW - Ronaldo, ridiculously good at times.
LW - Giggs, no explanation required.
CM - Scholes, genius.
CM - Keane, purely for his United days as he's been increasingly annoying since he left.

CF - Cantona, WAG.
CF - Solskjaer, who put the ball in the Scousers/Germans net?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GK - Shaka Hislop

RB - Graeme Murty
LB - Nicky Shorey
CB - Keith Curle
CB - Steve Wood

RW - Jamie Lambert
LW - Michael Gilkes
CM - Neil Webb.
CM - Steve Sidwell

CF - Kerry Dixon
CF - Robin Friday

duffer

Does anyone know what happens when Ashley hangs out with jermain jenas?
Just a side note to this, at the time the rumours were actually ****ley, the DJ and Jermaine Pennant as the three. I think the guy who wrote the song used Jenas as it rhymed with penis.

fredfertang

Ought to have Chris Casper or Matthew Upson in there imho. Or Phil Parkinson.
I'd ruled out loanees otherwise I agree Upson should be there - as for Parky too much the honest journeyman for me - but Chris Casper - that's an interesting one - on potential I'd agree - tbh only on one of those 11 would I stick to my guns come what may

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just a side note to this, at the time the rumours were actually ****ley, the DJ and Jermaine Pennant as the three. I think the guy who wrote the song used Jenas as it rhymed with penis.
Heard all sorts of not fit for CW rumours about who's done what with who in the Prem tbh

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd ruled out loanees otherwise I agree Upson should be there - as for Parky too much the honest journeyman for me - but Chris Casper - that's an interesting one - on potential I'd agree - tbh only on one of those 11 would I stick to my guns come what may
Chris Casper was awesome I thought, had he not had his career cut short I reckon he would have made it back into the premiership, with Reading or another side. My Dad always goes on about how his Dad was apparently a realy good player also.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Might as well have a go:

GK: John Lukic - loved Pat Jennings, he of the ma-hoo-sive hands, as a kid but he returned to Spurts, which isn't done. Seaman was quality, but prone to the odd mementous **** up and persisted with a tache at least ten years after it was socially accpetable to sport one. Johnny was the most underrated keeper of his day and it seems incredible he never played for England.

RB: Pat Rice - not the greatest natural talent, but Arsenal to the very marrow.

LB: Kenny Samson - He's fat and round and he bounces on the ground, as the song would have it. Our only England regular in the dark days of the mid-80s.

CB: Tony Adams - Of course. Just don't speak publically, Tone.

CB: Steve Bould - O'Leary misses out for being a massive dick since he left. Bould was a wonderfully umcomplicated stopper in the old-fashioned mode.

RM: David Rocastle - Ah, Rocky. Graham should never have sold you. Unfulfilled talent and a massive loss.

CM: Michael Thomas - Edges out Viera for that goal.

CM: Liam Brady - Ah, Chippy. Another man with Arsenal stamped through him like a stick of rock. Wonderful touch and vision.

LM: Marc Overmars - He was quick. Very, very quick. & he had an endearing habit of scoring vital goals.

FW: Alan Smith - The clever one with the soft Brummie accent rather than the dirty Leeds/ManUre hack. Equally adept at leading the line or being a target man for another striker to play off.

FW: Dennis Bergkamp - Best technique of any player I've seen to pull on the red and white. "Genius" is a word devalued by overuse, but definitely fits the Dutch master. Not afraid of a sly elbow if the occasion merited it either.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was to do a non-Tranmere one (which I cbf currently but might later) I'd stick Bergkamp and Overmars in myself, I loved watching Arsenal in 98, immense