• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite players side

irfan

State Captain
GK: Buffon
RB: Zambrotta
CB: Cannavaro
CB: Neill
LB: Lahm
RM: Joaquin
AMC: Zidane
DMC: Vieira
LM: Nedved
FC: Messi
FC: Bergkamp

With the exception of Messi, still living in the early 00's

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GK:Jens Lehmann: Goddamn nutter. Wag, creaziest character and when he was on was an outstanding keeper.

RB: Bacary Sagna, was going to put Lauren in here for being a nut but Bac is just a better footballer and wag.

LB: Sylvinho, awesomest guy, scored one of my favourite goals of all time at Stamford Brige . Legend.

CB: Tony Adams, just pure brilliant

CB: Thomas Vermaelen. I think he kills people and fondly reminisces about it later. Guy is crazy.

CM: Cesc, love at first sight really. Can't get enough of him

CM: Vieira, nuff said

LM: Le Bob, my favourite ever footballer. The Portsmouth tumble was the stuff of dreams.

RM: Andrei Arshavin. Was tempted to put Super Fred in here but the thought of Arshavin and Pires in the same team is too good to be true. Wag, fat little Russian who's a world class footballer and who has the most incredible facial expressions known to man. What's not to love?

CF: Thierry Henry, just oozes class. Won us countless games with pieces of individual brilliance. Will never be replaced itbt.

CF: Bergkamp, no explanation needed tbh.
I typed out this side but with Cafu and Roberto Carlos instead of your 2 full backs last night but didn't post it :laugh:.
Though I did have Fred ahead of Andrei for nostalgia :p

Matteh

Duff was there first but thought I needed more Swedish representation so Lucic got the call up. If I was going back as far as 99/00 then Asper would have had the GK spot.
CM01/02 was spot on though.

Duff is now a Premiership player and Bakircioglu i swear is playing for Ajax.

Johnners

GK: Mark Schwarzer - Hero of Australias last 2 WC qualifying campaigns

LB: Roberto Carlos - FIFA '01 Hero, was unstoppable up the left flank and on free kicks.
CB: Daniel Agger - Always been a fan of his at 'pool, shame he's always injured :(
CB: Phil Jagielka - Football Manager favourite
RB: Lucas Neill - Generally awesome for Australia, except for that 1 moment in '06 where he really could've done better :(

LM: Harry Kewell - Most techinically gifted Australia player I've ever seen. The player most responsible for getting me into Football from his Leeds days.
CM: Tim Cahill - WAG
CM: Xabi Alonso - Always one of my fave 'pool players before last season, was stoked when he put it all together though. Shame he left :(
RM: Andrei Arshavin - Loved him Euro '08, and the games I've seen him played for Arsenal have been amazing. Bloke has character as well

FW: Fernando Torres - WAG Bloke's just awesome really.
FW: Raul - Scored the goal that I thought had put Spain through to the first knockout stage of the '98 WC. Been a fan ever since.

Bobisback

International Regular
GK - Manuel Almunia
RB - Bosingwa
RCB - Vidic
LCB - Carragher
LB - Roberto Carlos
CM - Fabregas
CM - Iniesta
CM - Xavi
AM - Arshavin
CF - Bojan
CF - Messi

Dont know if this team would work, but meh, would love it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
GK - Brad Friedel
LB - Sinisa Mihajlovic
CB - Colin Hendry
CB - Ryan Nelson
RB - Javier Zanetti
LM - Alvaro Recoba
AMF - Franceso Totti/Djalminha
AMF - Rivaldo
Cover Drive Man - Carlos Redondo
CF - Christian Vieri
CF - Roque Santa Cruz

duffer

There used to be versions of that song with some rather let's just say not so sutiable for work pictures accompanying it. Most of them got taken down but so many gooners keep with the re-up that they don't bother anymore :D

Personally never gets boring seeing the little rag play and seeing people in the crowd yank out their phones. Nasty man!