Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite players side

cpr
    Favourite Utd players since the prem began (please note, that the official rewritten history of football, done by Richard Keyes, and edited in our favour by Clive Tyldesley, states that football began in 1992)

Gk Peter Schmeichel - Not gonna be Tiaibi is it.

RB: The Neviller G - Extra points for winding up Liverpool fans

LB Denis Irwin - Sheer legend

CB Gary Pallister - Extra points for heading 2 past David James in one game

CB Ronnie Johnsen - Just gutted I've had to finally forgive Owen for THAT tackle

RW David Beckham - Dont care about the poncyness, he was a genius

LW Ryan Giggs - Cant drive a car due to the fact he'd have to use his right foot on the accelerator, 90% sheer frustration, 10% brilliance. Holds the record for breaking the most opponents shins whilst trying to dribble

CM Roy Keane - Because he'd kill me otherwise

Support man: Eric Cantona - One of the few footballers who waited till he retired to start the acting.....

FW: Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Dont care if he never left the opposing penalty area (quite a harsh reputation, as anyone who remembers his goal against Fulham can tell), he got goals. Would've been made captain if he'd done what anyone else would've and smacked Keown

FW Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer. His should be the next statue outside Old Trafford, in the sliding celebration pose from '99. Also gets my vote for the cynical lunge on Rob Lee (i think it was) once, didnt even bother looking up for the card, all he cared about was he'd stopped the one on one and sure goal. Also 4 in 10 minutes has gotta be worth a vote, even if it was against a 74 year old Dave Beasant.

Subs

Raimond Van der Gouw - the greatest understudy we've had

John O'Shea - Not the greatest, but will play anywhere, bleed for the team and score important goals now and again. If only he'd go back to the Showboat O'Shea from his first season, where he megged every right back in the prem

Brian McClair - Childhood hero

Lee Sharpe - The thin version of 92, not the tubby fool off reality TV

Andy Cole - best instinctive striker i've seen, just ****ed it up whenever he was given the time to think about his shot, only one lobotomy away from superstardom
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha, the CM01/02 XI.
    Loved Taribo West on that game, no matter who I was playing with he was the first signing, had him for both Real Madrid and Brentford.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Loved Taribo West on that game, no matter who I was playing with he was the first signing, had him for both Real Madrid and Brentford.
    Yeh was definitely a must get, could play either DL or DC and wasn't that worried about reputations of clubs etc.. would pretty much go anywhere.

GK:Jens Lehmann: Goddamn nutter. Wag, creaziest character and when he was on was an outstanding keeper.

RB: Bacary Sagna, was going to put Lauren in here for being a nut but Bac is just a better footballer and wag.

LB: Sylvinho, awesomest guy, scored one of my favourite goals of all time at Stamford Brige . Legend.

CB: Tony Adams, just pure brilliant

CB: Thomas Vermaelen. I think he kills people and fondly reminisces about it later. Guy is crazy.

CM: Cesc, love at first sight really. Can't get enough of him

CM: Vieira, nuff said

LM: Le Bob, my favourite ever footballer. The Portsmouth tumble was the stuff of dreams.

RM: Andrei Arshavin. Was tempted to put Super Fred in here but the thought of Arshavin and Pires in the same team is too good to be true. Wag, fat little Russian who's a world class footballer and who has the most incredible facial expressions known to man. What's not to love?

CF: Thierry Henry, just oozes class. Won us countless games with pieces of individual brilliance. Will never be replaced itbt.

CF: Bergkamp, no explanation needed tbh.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Not a fan of Right-backs?
    Haha oops, would have probably opted for Cafu tbh.

GK: Buffon
    RB: Zambrotta
    CB: Cannavaro
    CB: Neill
    LB: Lahm
    RM: Joaquin
    AMC: Zidane
    DMC: Vieira
    LM: Nedved
    FC: Messi
    FC: Bergkamp

With the exception of Messi, still living in the early 00's

Just noticed.

wtf Nafe, Glenn Johnson at LB? He's barely a RB as is.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    GK:Jens Lehmann: Goddamn nutter. Wag, creaziest character and when he was on was an outstanding keeper.

RB: Bacary Sagna, was going to put Lauren in here for being a nut but Bac is just a better footballer and wag.

LB: Sylvinho, awesomest guy, scored one of my favourite goals of all time at Stamford Brige . Legend.

CB: Tony Adams, just pure brilliant

CB: Thomas Vermaelen. I think he kills people and fondly reminisces about it later. Guy is crazy.

CM: Cesc, love at first sight really. Can't get enough of him

CM: Vieira, nuff said

LM: Le Bob, my favourite ever footballer. The Portsmouth tumble was the stuff of dreams.

RM: Andrei Arshavin. Was tempted to put Super Fred in here but the thought of Arshavin and Pires in the same team is too good to be true. Wag, fat little Russian who's a world class footballer and who has the most incredible facial expressions known to man. What's not to love?

CF: Thierry Henry, just oozes class. Won us countless games with pieces of individual brilliance. Will never be replaced itbt.

CF: Bergkamp, no explanation needed tbh.
    I typed out this side but with Cafu and Roberto Carlos instead of your 2 full backs last night but didn't post it .
    Though I did have Fred ahead of Andrei for nostalgia

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Duff was there first but thought I needed more Swedish representation so Lucic got the call up. If I was going back as far as 99/00 then Asper would have had the GK spot.
    CM01/02 was spot on though.

Duff is now a Premiership player and Bakircioglu i swear is playing for Ajax.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

GK: Mark Schwarzer - Hero of Australias last 2 WC qualifying campaigns

LB: Roberto Carlos - FIFA '01 Hero, was unstoppable up the left flank and on free kicks.
    CB: Daniel Agger - Always been a fan of his at 'pool, shame he's always injured
    CB: Phil Jagielka - Football Manager favourite
    RB: Lucas Neill - Generally awesome for Australia, except for that 1 moment in '06 where he really could've done better

LM: Harry Kewell - Most techinically gifted Australia player I've ever seen. The player most responsible for getting me into Football from his Leeds days.
    CM: Tim Cahill - WAG
    CM: Xabi Alonso - Always one of my fave 'pool players before last season, was stoked when he put it all together though. Shame he left
    RM: Andrei Arshavin - Loved him Euro '08, and the games I've seen him played for Arsenal have been amazing. Bloke has character as well

FW: Fernando Torres - WAG Bloke's just awesome really.
    FW: Raul - Scored the goal that I thought had put Spain through to the first knockout stage of the '98 WC. Been a fan ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    CM01/02 was spot on though.

Duff is now a Premiership player and Bakircioglu i swear is playing for Ajax.
    Yeah, he is.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Just noticed.

wtf Nafe, Glenn Johnson at LB? He's barely a RB as is.
    Haha, had Ashley Cole before Brumby confirmed he's a git, rushed in a replacement.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    GK - Manuel Almunia
    RB - Bosingwa
    RCB - Vidic
    LCB - Carragher
    LB - Roberto Carlos
    CM - Fabregas
    CM - Iniesta
    CM - Xavi
    AM - Arshavin
    CF - Bojan
    CF - Messi

Dont know if this team would work, but meh, would love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Shortest team in history. If you could slot Joao Moutinho in there somewhere they'd be set.

GK - Brad Friedel
    LB - Sinisa Mihajlovic
    CB - Colin Hendry
    CB - Ryan Nelson
    RB - Javier Zanetti
    LM - Alvaro Recoba
    AMF - Franceso Totti/Djalminha
    AMF - Rivaldo
    Cover Drive Man - Carlos Redondo
    CF - Christian Vieri
    CF - Roque Santa Cruz

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast