• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NFL 2009-2010 Thread

99*

International Debutant
Preseason has started, guess it's time for a new thread (rather than a continuation of the 08-09 thread).

I guess the big news is Vick being signed by the Iggles. Not that fussed either way tbh, although what he did was sick and twisted he did accept the punishment and faced it like a man so he does deserve his chance to come back. On the field it makes the Eagles a big threat (although I have them winning the NFC East anyway) should be interesting to see how he goes.

In other news, the Denver Broncos continue their downward spiral. Orton is useless (3 INT vs the 49'ers in three drives), Moreno is off for scans on the possible knee injury and their defence is nowhere near a proper 3-4. What makes it better is even if they are **** this year they traded their first round pick for the draft! Ah, couldn't happen to a better team.

Anyway, some predictions:

MVP: Adrian Peterson
Offensive POTY: Steve Slaton
Defensive POTY: DeMarcus Ware
Comeback POTY: Tom Brady (has already been awarded tbh)
Offensive ROTY: Mark Sanchez (won't deserve it though.)
Defensive ROTY: Larry English (massive homer pick but there is a perfect logic to it, the Chargers are getting Merriman back, who are DC's going to focus on, that'll leave English to have a massive rookie year.)

Division Champs/Wildcard:
AFC:
Pats
Texans (big on the Texans this year)
Chargers
Steelers
Colts
Bengals

NFC:
Eagles
Vikings
Saints
Seahawks
Giants
Packers

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Texans (big on the Texans this year)
:cool:

Won't make the playoffs, though. Still haven't sorted the secondary out yet. Infact, it's got worse with Reeves and Molden injured and Robinson refusing to sign his franchise tender.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
MVP: Kurt Warner (ARI)
Offensive POTY: Aaron Rodgers (GB)
Defensive POTY: Ed Reed (BAL)
Comeback POTY: Tom Brady (NE)
Offensive ROTY: Hakeem Nicks (NYG)
Defensive ROTY: BJ Raji (GB)

AFC:
Patriots
Steelers
Colts
Chargers
Ravens
Titans

NFC:
Giants
Packers
Falcons
Cardinals
Eagles
Bears

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
If the Bills can get there defense right then there my pick as dark horse of the season

pinchy81

I think TO is part of the solution as he'll on double coverage most of the time leaving Lee Evans and others free

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Brett to Vikes, Can't wait to hear from Swervy. He must be rising in his pants.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Does Ronnie Brown still play for the Dolphins? Always liked him, had a nasty injury last I heard.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
MVP: Kurt Warner (ARI)
Offensive POTY: Aaron Rodgers (GB)
Defensive POTY: Ed Reed (BAL)
Comeback POTY: Tom Brady (NE)
Offensive ROTY: Hakeem Nicks (NYG)
Defensive ROTY: BJ Raji (GB)

AFC:
Patriots
Steelers
Colts
Chargers
Ravens
Titans

NFC:
Giants
Packers
Falcons
Cardinals
Eagles
Bears
May as well do this properly:

AFC:
Steelers beat Titans
Ravens beat Chargers

Steelers beat Colts
Patriots beat Ravens

Patriots beat Steelers

NFC:

Falcons beat Bears
Packers beat Eagles

Giants beat Falcons
Cardinals beat Packers

Cardinals beat Giants

Super Bowl:

Patriots beat Cardinals :( :( :(

The Baconator

What's the views on the Favre signing?

Personally, I doubt he'll do an awful lot better than the Rosenfels/Jackson would do, but will probably start strongly, given the Vikes easy schedule, then break down as per last year.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
His job will be to give the ball to Peterson, and not throw INTs, which is a shame, as his career basically reads: Boatload of TDs, Boatload of INTs. He's not a game manager, which is what the Vikings need with their defence and running game.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I hope Aaron Kampman breaks Favre's knees when he faces the Packers tbh. Will save us another 70 million "I'm retiring... I'm coming back... actually, my body's not up to it... but I really want to play... but I'm a Mississippi boy at heart. I miss it... but I also quite like <insert city where franchise ready to pay silly money and guarantee a starting place to an ancient quarterback with a dodgy shoulder is based>... oh crap, now I'm dizzy... screw it. Get my helmet" off-seasons, in which he just makes a mockery of the franchise that's courting him. Will he not just piss off to the old people's home already.

pinchy81

My Previews:

MVP: Peyton Manning (IND)
Offensive POTY: Drew Brees (NO)
Defensive POTY: Troy Polamalu (PIT)
Comeback POTY: Michael Vick (PHI)
Offensive ROTY: Knowshon Moreno (DEN)
Defensive ROTY: Larry English (SD)

AFC:
Steelers
Colts
Bills
Raiders
Patriots
Ravens

NFC:
Eagles
Falcons
Vikings
49ers
Giants
Packers

AFC:
Ravens beat Bills
Patriots beat Raiders

Steelers beat Ravens
Patriots beat Colts

Steelers beat Patriots

NFC:

Packers beat Vikings
Giants beat 49ers

Packers beat Eagles
Falcons beat Giants

Falcons beat Packers

Super Bowl:

Steelers beat Falcons

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went onto the Eagles forum to trawl through some of thei Vick reactions. Some of the most hilarious/dire stuff I've ever read on the internet tbh. Makes youtube seem like high society.

pinchy81

:crazy: Are you expecting Al Davis to die between now and the end of the regular season?

Favre, sigh. Hope Raji eats him whole.
I believe JaMarcus Russell will have a breakout year and if Darren McFadden can get more carries this year and Darrius Heyward-Bey is as good as Al Davis hopes he is that leaving the Offense fairly well positioned and there Defense is well okay and they have arguably the best Corner-Back in the league in Nnamdi Asomugha that and the rest of the AFC West looks rather weak ie: San Diego getting older, Denver: ****ed and Kansas: Cassel was a one season wonder then thats my reasons for tipping Oakland to win the division.

99*

International Debutant
I believe JaMarcus Russell will have a breakout year and if Darren McFadden can get more carries this year and Darrius Heyward-Bey is as good as Al Davis hopes he is that leaving the Offense fairly well positioned and there Defense is well okay and they have arguably the best Corner-Back in the league in Nnamdi Asomugha that and the rest of the AFC West looks rather weak ie: San Diego getting older, Denver: ****ed and Kansas: Cassel was a one season wonder then thats my reasons for tipping Oakland to win the division.
I don't know about JMac, for all the ability he has (take note Cutler, his arm is the best in the league) he has no work ethic what-so-ever. The fact he turns up to training camp well overweight is never a good sign, plus if he is to have a breakout year, it's going to happen with a rag-tag O-line and recievers that are all-go-no-show.

McFadden on the other hand isn't the best RB on the roster. Honestly believe Michael Bush is way better. But I think Oakland's best bet is a RB tandem with Bush, McFadden and Fargas.

And their defense, yes their pass D is ok (when you have a player that cuts off half the field it'll always be good) but unless they do something drastic with their run D they'll never win more than 8 games.