• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Athletics Champs

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was a better individual performance by Bolt, obv. But you had six men going under 10 seconds, which I don't think had ever happened before. The top two got inside the WR, 4th, 5th and 6th all broke their national records, two of them beating their continental best. It was a fast track, but wow

Long Jump from the same champs was immense too.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
GB probably going to get more medals in the womens events than the mens, Ennis looks good for gold and Ohourougu(sp) might get a medal in the 400. Oduwu in the triple jump probably our only other medal chance.

Always funny watching the fun runners in the first round of the 100m

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I still can't believe Bolt just had a chat with Daniel Bailey whilst running in the quarter final. One of the most amazing and hilarious things I've ever seen.

He has gotta be the most ****iest sportsman/athlete that is still loved by most people, if not everyone.

Pigeon

Banned
I still can't believe Bolt just had a chat with Daniel Bailey whilst running in the quarter final. One of the most amazing and hilarious things I've ever seen.

He has gotta be the most ****iest sportsman/athlete that is still loved by most people, if not everyone.
He is not ****y, but plain immature, but adorably so.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I know this'll seem reactionary, but I think the False Start system needs to go back to the old system. Too many people get DQ'd.

Bolt's a machine.

Bobisback

International Regular
Bolt will kill the final, the others dont even look close to him. Gay will be lucky to run a place, predicting a Bolt-Bailey quinella.

shivfan

Banned
Two Jamaicans, two Trinidadians, and an Antiguan in the final. Five of the top eight are Caribbean athletes.

The West Indies are world leaders in the 100 metres!
:cool:

Pigeon

Banned
Two Jamaicans, two Trinidadians, and an Antiguan in the final. Five of the top eight are Caribbean athletes.

The West Indies are world leaders in the 100 metres!
:cool:
Yeah more than the IPL, athletics are biggest worry to cricket in the windies. Even Bolt was supposed to become a fast bowler but his talent was (fotunately) found early

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Agree that the current rule makes no sense.

Brumby's fave event, the walking race just been on. Lulz

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Brumby called it, and Ennis is flying round in the 800

**** me, what a run, at the end of a Heptathlon. Well played.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went off a bit quick, but totally dominated from the start.

Winning the heptathlon/decathlon a bit more special than virtually any other event in my opinion.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Someone who can win multiple golds in different events come close, but yeah, I know what you mean. Back in 84 the debate used to be who is the world's best athlete, Thompson or Lewis? Of course, I was born in 84 so don't actually remember this but have read plenty on it.

100m next, should be good. Gonna try and watch a lot of these championships this week. Always get into the athletics once I put it on, just have to motivate myself to do so. Will all be downhill here for GB though :laugh: