• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* A-League Season 2009

Craig

World Traveller
With Zeljko Kalac getting the arse from AC Milan, there was speculation that he might come back to Australia.

ripper868

International Coach
With Zeljko Kalac getting the arse from AC Milan, there was speculation that he might come back to Australia.
His ability to speak Croation will surely see him snapped up quickly by the Bonnyrigg Eagles (or are they the Serbians in that feud?).

In seriousness it would be good to have him back, could be the next player to jump codes to the AFL.

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Seeing as he was happier to sit on the bench for AC for so long rather than get a regular first team place anywhere else, I doubt he'd lower himself to the A-League tbh. Always seemed to me like a bloke with a massive ego.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ahh cheers, do they still play their fixtures? Seem to remember hearing they would cancel all future matches between the tow until a cease-fire was brokered.
From memory they had a couple matches with no crowds and then they sorted out their issues to an extent where the crowds could watch their matches again. Not 100% as I didn't follow it that closely. Storm in a tea cup really.

Meridio

International Regular
Nice fluke goal from Leo Bertos to give the Phoenix their first win of the season. Would be good if they can make the playoffs this year, though from the little I've seen so far they'll need to improve massively to do that.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bolton, your amazing.

Not our best effort, Danning was kept quiet which wa sa huge factor.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just watched Roar vs Phoenix and GIMH's man scored the equalizer, so annoying!

Very typical Roar game, outclassed the opposition for the majority of the match but finish the game with a lame draw at home.

Greenacre's header was great, the cross by Daniel was perfect.