• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Cricket League - Results & Discussion Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Upon hearing that World Club Cricket will be no longer running after the closure of the current season, I felt a huge hole in my cricketweb forum experience would form if there wasn't any WCC or at least something very similar.

I've decided to run a very simple league called 'Australian Cricket League'. I'll explain some basic details of how it will run here and if there is enough interest I'll continue, and if not - no harm done.

A lot of the time consuming things on WCC were the stats updates at the end of every season and forming the new squads after trading and drafts and the like. A lot of that will be taken away to ensure that interest is not lost and as little time possible is taken up with actually running the league.

The league will use real players and their real life statistics. I've compiled a database of all current Austrlian players (and their stats) and it will be easy for me to transfer the data to vc4 to make the squads.

This is how the league will be structured.

For the first season there will be six franchises:

Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide and Perth. Each team will play each other home and away in three competitions - First Class, One Day & Twenty20.

I have compiled stats for players for all three competitions, players will have separate OD and 20/20 stats.

I'm starting off with only 6 franchises to make sure this thing gets up and running, if there is enough interest, perhaps more franchises could be entered into the competition the following season.

Squads will be of 18 players, and will be completed after the inaugural draft. The draft will be run like this:

The 25 Contracted Australian players will be the first to be drafted for the first 4 rounds until 24 players are selected between the 6 teams. The remaining player will be released into the domestic pool where 11 rounds will take place.

A recently retired player draft will then be conducted for 2 rounds, and the last round of the draft will see the 6 franchises selecting from 9 international players who have expressed their interest in nominating for the Australian Cricket League.

These are just basic details to start with and should give you a good idea on how things will work.

I don't want to take away from the remaining weeks of WCC, but also want to strike while there is still a simulation league running so people don't lose interest.

I will be one of the managers so I will be looking for 5 more managers.

If you are interested, please post your interest in here.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Sweet guys. That means we only need 3 more. I'm in a mood to get things done today, and I've got until 7pm. So could even get started on the draft today if get the required managers.

Mister Wright

Brisbane. Obviously. :)

Three franchises still available.

Fell asleep watching Wall-e last night. So going to watch that. Will check back in about 4pm to see how things are progressing.

HeathDavisSpeed

Happy to have a go, but feel free to give the spot to someone involved in the last incarnation of WCC ahead of me.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Happy to have a go, but feel free to give the spot to someone involved in the last incarnation of WCC ahead of me.
Yeah, I feel the same way.

I'd definitely be interested in giving it a go but I wouldn't feel right taking a spot off a WCC veteran. Furthermore, with Sydney already taken, I'd probably be off waiting until new franchises were added in coming seasons so I could take "West Sydney" or something rather than pinch Adelaide off someone who lives there.

I definitely have strong interest in this though.

EDIT: I also think you should let Hobart be Canberra so Simon could take it. :p

Mister Wright

There's definitely a possibility of franchises being relocated if managers feel that strongly about it. However, at the moment the franchises will remain as originally stated.

I'm happy to go with both Heath and Prince as managers, but I'll hold off on the draft and more information until managers are fully committed or 24 hours has run its course.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm interested, but my record w/ drafts is very unreliable. How'll this work?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would have considered it but looks like there isn't any spots left.

Mister Wright

Australian Cricket League Announce CEOs for Inaugural Competition

The CEOs for the inaugural Australian Cricket League Season have been announced. Brisbane have announced Mister Wright as their maiden CEO, while Sydney have Blewy heading their franchise. Melbourne have NZTailender running their front office and Hobart, who were the last to announce their CEO have Luffy organising operations. Prince EWS will be head of operations in Adelaide while SirBloody Idiot has the responsibility of forming a marketable product in Perth.

Each CEO will be thrust into the limelight very early with the draft of the Top Australian Cricketers and the draft order to be released this morning.

Information on the CEOs can be found below.

CEO Announcement & Squad Announcement