• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Usain Bolt's Olympic 100m win

Craig

World Traveller
Do you think he did it clean or was he jacked on drugs?

I think it up because of the story that five Jamaican sprinters test positive which has also brought up some interesting debate on another forum I visit (and yes I have posted in that thread, my username is pretty obvious). And I'll use another quote:

"And he ran .14 faster than a completely jacked Ben Johnson (who at least had the guts to confess). Bolt did celebrate early and probably could have crossed in 9.55. Nearly a quarter second faster than Johnson's doped time. That's an astonishing gap in a 100m sprint.

Bolt's achievement, even if he doesn't improve on this, is equivalent to FloJo's 1988 impossible times.

Dr. Wade Exum was right, obviously. "

I know Manan's position on drugs in sport is, if you take the view that taking drugs to improve your performance is fine, would you support a fast bowler who tampered with the ball by picking at the seam or using a bottle cap?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I can't work out if your Alpe d'Huez or Craig1985..

I'm going to give Bolt the benefit of the doubt and say he was clean.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I can't work out if your Alpe d'Huez or Craig1985..
I was thinking the same thing. Thought it's Craig1985 on first look.

Can I have a link to this run again anyway? I had a look on YouTube, it only has it in pictures. I'm still keen to know if he is on the juice.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I always felt he could be on drugs. His performances seem to be unbelievable.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm, I have no idea if he was on drugs. Not surprised a cycling forum wants to throw some **** at other sports though.

It really has got to a depressing state of affairs to just say because someone was/is outstanding it must be drugs. If Bradman was around today they'd probably be having a poppers at him.

Until he's tested positive, I'm going to just view it as a wonderful achievement, and a great thing to watch.

_Ed_

I'm going to give Bolt the benefit of the doubt and say he was clean.
Me too.

The man's a freak - he's the tallest sprinter I've ever seen, and as a result of that height he has the most enormous stride.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I hoped he was clean, but his performances are almost literally superhuman, so it's hard to dispel that scintilla of doubt.

In his favour, I suppose, is that his speed comes more from his rangey strides rather than the explosive starts one associates with the more obvious juicers like Johnson & Gatlin.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
He seemed to win by tooo much to be on drugs - you think a doper would be more subtle about it, rather than winning by a week after jogging the last 1/3 of the race.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
He was running fast youth times as well. 200m record there and then slacked off for a couple years so anyone who wasn't following him would obviously be surprised if he started living up to his potential. Pretty fast in person. Trains at my uni. :)

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Until he's tested positive, I'm going to just view it as a wonderful achievement, and a great thing to watch.
I reckon that's the sane take on it. Can't go slinging mud without proof, just because he has been so good.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
For now yea. If he can last the next two World Champions & he is tested clean he is safe forever.

After all the Justin Gatlin (the banned 2004 Olympic Champion). Was banned in 2006, so these things take a while for the authorities to catch them. Since its clear they are ways you can mask in the intake of the steroids.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, I have no idea if he was on drugs. Not surprised a cycling forum wants to throw some **** at other sports though.

It really has got to a depressing state of affairs to just say because someone was/is outstanding it must be drugs. If Bradman was around today they'd probably be having a poppers at him.

Well Said.

Uppercut

Yeah, it completely ruins Athletics as a sport I'd say. They've never managed to clean the stuff up and it's ****ed them over in the long run.

Burgey

He was running fast youth times as well. 200m record there and then slacked off for a couple years so anyone who wasn't following him would obviously be surprised if he started living up to his potential. Pretty fast in person. Trains at my uni. :)
How cool would that be? Head out at lunch time to the track and watch the fastest man alive burn it up in training.