• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Usain Bolt's Olympic 100m win

Craig

World Traveller
Hmm, I have no idea if he was on drugs. Not surprised a cycling forum wants to throw some **** at other sports though.

It really has got to a depressing state of affairs to just say because someone was/is outstanding it must be drugs. If Bradman was around today they'd probably be having a poppers at him.

Until he's tested positive, I'm going to just view it as a wonderful achievement, and a great thing to watch.
Not really.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How cool would that be? Head out at lunch time to the track and watch the fastest man alive burn it up in training.
Cathy Freeman was training at Griffith on the Gold Coast before the Sydney Olympics I think. I never went to have a look though, I don't know why. They got a few Olympic athletes there.

Would be awesome to see Bolt in action.

ripper868

International Coach
Nah Bolts not doped, would have surely been found out if he was, regardless of whatever masking agents he may have/not been using.

Cathy Freeman was training at Griffith on the Gold Coast before the Sydney Olympics I think. I never went to have a look though, I don't know why. They got a few Olympic athletes there.

Would be awesome to see Bolt in action.
Was on a plane from townsville to Brisbane with our Cathy a couple of months back, sat in the same row...she's shorter than I imagined.

Pigeon

Banned
Not an iota of proof so far in arguably the toughest conditions for an athelete, considering the ever strong standards of dope tests conducted these days. It would be worth remembering how Bolt was subjected o repeated tests just before his 100 m dash in the Olympics, and repeated tests even led the Jamaican contingent to moan that frequent blood sampling was hampering the performances of athletes.

Obvious US sour grapes behind conspiracy theories. If Bolt took dope, so did Don Bradman.

Pigeon

Banned
He is a rockstar really. I just loved his freestyling victory celebrations even before crossing the line in Beijing Olympics. A man of such carefree attitude towards running is extremely unlikely to go for the dope. He runs for the sake of it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not really.
What else is it, if there's no concrete evidence?

The points you quote in the opening post don't convince me at all.
Yep, the Ben Johnson-thing is particularly specious. He was a bloke who bulked up massively in a fairly short space of time. At the time most people thought it was iffy, was no surprise whatsoever when he tested positive.

Also it's two decades on, we all know times tend to keep going down over the years in most sports, so it's not that odd to see Bolt being faster then even a Johnson hyped up on goofballs.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I agree there aren't really any grounds to believe Bolt's on anything stronger than KFC, aside from his sport's chequered history when it comes to doping and his amazing times, however I can't quite get onboard with the "ok til proven dirty" philosophy either. Flo-Jo & Armstrong never tested positive for drugs (at least officially) &...well, y'know...

Pigeon

Banned
I agree there aren't really any grounds to believe Bolt's on anything stronger than KFC, aside from his sport's chequered history when it comes to doping and his amazing times, however I can't quite get onboard with the "ok til proven dirty" philosophy either. Flo-Jo & Armstrong never tested positive for drugs (at least officially) &...well, y'know...
The world and drug testing have come a long way since Flo Jo's days. It is extremely hard to believe that Jamaicans have invented some sort of masking agents which even the best of the world's technology and science cannot identify.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The world and drug testing have come a long way since Flo Jo's days. It is extremely hard to believe that Jamaicans have invented some sort of masking agents which even the best of the world's technology and science cannot identify.
Isn't that just a teensy bit patronising to Jamaica? BalCo managed it until someone blew the whistle on THG.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well considering that there's no lab here to test the samples I wouldn't think so. The overseas based athletes though....

Matt79

Global Moderator
**** me that's an amazing time by Bolt. If he's clean, he's got claims of being the greatest athlete ever. Also interesting to see that Tyson Gay ran a time faster than Bolts at Beijing and that Powell beat Ben Johnsons drug assisted time.