• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should games like poker and chess be counted as sports?

should games like poker and chess be counted as sports

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
If pool is a sport then darts is a sport if darts is a sport then surely poker/chess aren't far away.

Is paintballing a sport?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why wouldn't paintballing be the sport? What would be the aspect of the game holding it back?

Athlai

Not Terrible
More of a passtime isn't it?

Competitive paintballing aside.

But if you made tag a competition I'm sure it would be a sport too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would have no problem calling paintballing a sport myself. Not sure of the scoring system of competitive paintballing, but I assume it's that if you take hit you're gone & if so it's got more to recommend it as a sport than stuff like diving, figure skating & gymnastics, which are all Olympic events.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Pro paintball is **** for TV, watched a bit of it a while back. Basically, ****s just hide and don't move until there's like 10 seconds left and everyone jumps up and fires their balls off.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not much a fan of paintball in real life for those very reasons tbh, though of course it depends on what kind of people you are playing with, can be great with a load of people who are willing to go gung ho. My main problem is that I can't aim the bloody gun properly.