• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Air New Zealand Cup 2009

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A great, entertaining game between Southland and Manawatu at the moment. A strange number of intercept-tries for one game, but the quality has been pretty decent if you ask me.

Perm

The game really livened up in the second half, but the Stags really should've won that one and they'll be kicking themselves at not making it three from three for the season.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised at the result of the Southland v Manawatu match, will have to catch the highlights as I choose to see Canterbury play Waikato. Great performance from Canterbury, Carter lead them brilliantly in the first half to open up a massive lead. Is he ready to come back into the All Blacks? A definite yes IMO.

Perm

Now that he's had 2 games of club rugby and 3(?) games of Air New Zealand Cup I'd tend to agree with you Somerset, his last two performances for Canterbury have been pretty good. The other options at #10 have been found wanting, particularly McAlister against Otago on Thursday night.

This talk about him being a saviour is a joke though, to say the least.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't see the game on Thursday night so can't comment on McAlister but he hardly featured when he came on against Tasman the week before.

Better effort from Auckland today, Rokocoko playing a feature role with two tries and brilliantly setting up another. Also a quality performance from Kaino, and Toeava was good in his first game back after injury. Impressive display from Ash Moeke, who played for Northland last year - definitely was more prominent than his opposite Munro.

HeathDavisSpeed

Disappointed in Hawke's Bay - only drawing with the Naki. Not impressed with the Taranaki squad, to be honest. A couple of injuries to key players cost the Bay, I reckon.

Man, the NPC is a damn good tournament. Scrap the Super 14, I say.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
This weekend has been superb so far. Hoping to catch a replay of the Southland vs Manawatu game because the others I've seen have been great.

Didn't think Hawkes Bay played particularly well and that Taranaki were perhaps unlucky not to win - had it not been for a five missed kicks at goal from Cameron and the Bay's two tries in about two minutes midway through the first half it could've been an altogether different result.

The other Bay were just unbelievable in the first half against Wellington, thoroughly outclassing the more fancied Wellington unit. Credit to Wellington for their second half performance, but 15 points down at halftime is just a bit too much to claw back in this competition. I wonder if Jamie Joseph is perhaps regretting not starting a few extra ABs, given Weepu and Tialata were only wanted by the Wellington B side...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Three Points:
Ripper868 4
Somerset 4
Voltman 4
BoyBrumby 3
HeathDavisSpeed 3
Samuel_Vimes 3

Standings after Week Three:
Voltman 15
BoyBrumby 14
Samuel_Vimes 12
Somerset 12
HeathDavisSpeed 10
Ripper868 9

Another low scoring week with the Hawkes Bay-Taranaki draw not assisting anyone, and no one picking Manawatu's upset win over Southland. Only Ripper tipped the BOP to down Wellington...

Week Four Matches:
Manawatu vs Otago
North Harbour vs Northland
Southland vs Hawkes Bay
Bay of Plenty vs Waikato
Canterbury vs Tasman
Wellington vs Auckland
Counties Manukau vs Taranaki (Counties' fourth Sunday afternoon kickoff in as many weeks - who does the draw?!)

ripper868

International Coach
Another low scoring week with the Hawkes Bay-Taranaki draw not assisting anyone, and no one picking Manawatu's upset win over Southland. Only Ripper tipped the BOP to down Wellington...
You suggesting I don't know who I'm tipping?:ph34r:

Manawatu vs Otago
Southland vs Hawkes Bay
Bay of Plenty vs Waikato
Canterbury vs Tasman
Wellington vs Auckland
Counties Manukau vs Taranaki

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Otago
North Harbour
Hawkes Bay
Bay of Plenty
Canterbury
Wellington
Taranaki

Remember to make your picks before tomorrow evening guys.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Manawatu vs Otago
Southland vs Hawkes Bay
Bay of Plenty vs Waikato
Canterbury vs Tasman
Wellington vs Auckland

Flem274*

123/5
This weekend has been superb so far. Hoping to catch a replay of the Southland vs Manawatu game because the others I've seen have been great.

Didn't think Hawkes Bay played particularly well and that Taranaki were perhaps unlucky not to win - had it not been for a five missed kicks at goal from Cameron and the Bay's two tries in about two minutes midway through the first half it could've been an altogether different result.

The other Bay were just unbelievable in the first half against Wellington, thoroughly outclassing the more fancied Wellington unit. Credit to Wellington for their second half performance, but 15 points down at halftime is just a bit too much to claw back in this competition. I wonder if Jamie Joseph is perhaps regretting not starting a few extra ABs, given Weepu and Tialata were only wanted by the Wellington B side...
Why..........why do we keep picking him?...........probably the worst first five to play for us in my lifetime. Granted it could be one bad game as I haven't followed the NPC this season but in the past couple of years when I actualy did follow it closely he was good at doing what I just highlighted in your post.

HeathDavisSpeed

Manawatu vs Otago
Southland vs Hawkes Bay
Bay of Plenty vs Waikato
Canterbury vs Tasman
Wellington vs Auckland

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Manawatu vs Otago
Southland vs Hawke's Bay
Bay of Plenty vs Waikato
Canterbury vs Tasman
Wellington vs Auckland
Counties-Manukau vs Taranaki

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Haven't watched much of the competition this weekend but managed to catch the Ranfurly Shield match this evening - Auckland must be kicking themselves about coming so close to taking the Shield, as they were comfortably the more enterprising and better side in the second half. Admittedly Wellington should've been an extra seven points up at halftime but at least Auckland showed some spirit and determination to get themselves back into the game, even having a try of their own disallowed which didn't look too bad from my view.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Unbelievably result there Flem, Counties were so incredibly poor the week before against Tasman and no better in round two against the BOP, that I'd never have predicted them upsetting Taranaki, who could well have beaten Hawkes Bay in round three.