• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Premier League 2009/10

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reina
Givet - Dawson - Cahill - Jagielka
Lampard - Nzogbia - Fabregas - Ferguson
Rooney - Chamakh

Myhill, Foley, De Jong, Ameobi

I just tried stacking my first XI. Will change later.

grecian

1: Friedel
2: Yobo
3: Toure
4: Evra
5: Sagna
6: Bale
7: Johnson
8: Arteta
9. Chamakh(C)
10: Adebayor
11: Carew

A team destined for mid-table obscurity, if I'm lucky.

Jarquis

See, you pair lack a "Givet" or a "McFadden" style player. But I've gone for glory with Rooney, Lampard and Cesc :p
Might have to rejig it a bit.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think both of your teams look good tbh, no way was I going to go for Chamakh though.

Lampard or any other Chelsea starter is a must at the start of the season IMO, they have a much easier start to the year than any of the other top teams.

I like how in this years rules you can make 2 transfers in a game week if you haven't made any the week before. It just makes it so much easier to get a star player this way.

Jarquis

Well RVP is meant to be unlikely for the game tomorrow. So if he gets off to a good start he could be a good bet.
He's definitely a quality player, it just depends how much game time he gets, which in turn depends if we stick to 4-3-3 or not.

Unless of course you mean that you didn't go near him for the same reason I didn't want Dawson ;)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well RVP is meant to be unlikely for the game tomorrow. So if he gets off to a good start he could be a good bet.
He's definitely a quality player, it just depends how much game time he gets, which in turn depends if we stick to 4-3-3 or not.

Unless of course you mean that you didn't go near him for the same reason I didn't want Dawson ;)
Nah not really because he's from Arsenal, I had Fabregas and Clichy in my team last year.

I didn't actually know Van Persie was unlikely to play so now that I know this, there isn't anything wrong with picking Chamakh. I don't think he'll do much against Liverpool, but after that who knows..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Let's see if my interest lasts beyond January this time:

Robinson
Hangeland
Johnson
Upson
Luke Young
Etherington
N'Zogbia
Lampard (c)
Rooney
Tevez
Zamora

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Thought that I'd stick together a side. Hopefully I'll maintain an interest beyond, like, the first week of the season.

Friedel
G Cahill-Dawson-Shawcross-Baines
A Johnson-Kranjcar-Arshavin
Rooney-Tevez-Rodallega

Subs: Hahnemann, Stearman, Andrews, Gera

As you can see, the bench players are just filler, but I reckon my team will be strong because the midfielder will make good attacking contributions as well as having two outstanding forwards.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Foster, Sorensen

Alcaraz, Shawcross, Baines, Vidic, Hangeland

Brunt, Dorrans, Lampard, Fabregas, Barton

Hernandez, Bent, Carroll

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Signed up a bit late, so probably won't get any points for this round. Certainly not for today's games, am hopeful for a better season than last time round mind you, despite the probable one week handicap.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Can we make changes to our starting line up for tomorrow's game now that today's games have ended?

grecian

Can we make changes to our starting line up for tomorrow's game now that today's games have ended?
No, the changes will only count for gameweek 2.:)

Really glad that I thought Didier would be injured so didn't bother putting him in any of my multitudinous Fantasy Teams, and transferred him out of a fair few, guess I aint the only one though,.

Ho-hum.

grecian

1 Bullterriers John French 83 83
2 Brentford Jack Firth 71 71
3 grecomania peter o'brien 60 60
3 BoB's Bunch Daniel Towns 60 60
5 NUFANASIA Rob Bowen 57 57
6 Red Army Neil Pickup 56 56
7 rockrs leonard trumper 55 55
8 Torpoint AFC Marcuss Deane 49 49
9 Evertonian Heroes! Matt Luff 48 48